Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Front XK Tow Hooks

Whole setup was around $120 (Canadian) with military discount. Not sure if you can buy the stud plate separately. I figure it was worth the investment. Mopar rates them at 1.5 Gross vehicle weight.
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

So I found a website that offers a set of D-rings instead of the factory Jeep hooks. The saguaro 4x components website has either a 5/8” set or a 3/4” set. For around the same price as OEM hooks ($120ish) why not get the D-rings???

Even found a picture of them on a WK…Link here!

What would you folks recommend!?!
    | 2010 Commander Limited | Black Metallic | 5.7L V8 HEMI | QTII | K&N CAI + Prefilter | 20% Front Window Tint | MOPAR Chrome Gas Cap | AVS Vent Shades | MOPAR Chrome Grill | MOPAR Stainless Steel Door Entry Guard | MOPAR front tow hooks | Chrome Door Handles | 2" RC LIFT | 265/60R18 Hankook DynaPro ATM |

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    If they fit the XK I would get the D ring

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    If they fit the XK I would get the D ring
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    X ∞
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Saguaro makes good stuff. Very solid.

I will note that 4xGuard is bringing back our Matrix Basic, which is just the shackle mounts (like the Saguaro). I don't know the price or release date yet, but I can tell you that one advantage to our setup is that you'll be able to add an optional front receiver to it, and if you ever wanted to go to the fuller Matrix you won't have wasted money.

Not meaning to take anything away from Saguaro, though. They're good folks with good products. Just want you to know all options.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

I'm jealous, that D-ring setup is really nice looking. El Cid do you have any pics of what a Matrix Basic set-up would look like. I really want the Matrix but if I can slowly build it in stages the wallet will take less of a hit.
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information