Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tymac's Wrangler Projects

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar

Tymac's Wrangler Projects

1994 YJ **Sold**

Current 1991 YJ - Picture will be uploaded later. I can't believe I don't have one.
    The only pics I have are from the frame repair my buddy Darren and I are doing.

Foundation for the new bumper tire carrier. (It is currently 95% complete and I will post a current pic tonight)

My brother Kirk's YJ just back from paint. It was born a 1991 YJ 6cyl, 5spd, red, hard top from Jersey. One of my new employees bought it brand new and brought it to Ohio last year. He decided to sell it to my brother last month.

My tire carrier is complete. Well almost, but I need to mount my antenna and custom gusset for the spare tire extension. Nothing major. Started to cut out the rear fenders tonight. I'll get those pics up tomorrow, err later today.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    what brand are those cans hanging on the back? Water and gasoline? I like those.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    ....eewwwww thornbirds. How do you like those tires?

What a slacker I am. They were just some rollers I had laying around while I waited for my new tires.

Some current pics~ I just picked up a set of 35" km2's to put on. It looks a little small weird with those tires off of my Commander on it.

Finally got it together about a month ago. I rebuilt the 4.0L and trans. Then dropped in a Detroit locked 8.8 in the back. Then added a Spartan locker to the front and new gears at both ends. I picked up a set up beadlocks and finally got my 35's mounted up. My son Ty and I took it out to Jeepskool on Saturday and wheeled over 12 hours. We had a great time. I even let Ty take it by himself for 4 hours expecting him to bring it back with parts hanging off, but he did well.

Into the Drunk Tank

My son Ty at the wheel getting it covered in Beaver Poo. I let him off the leash for a few hours that afternoon and got it back completely covered, including the interior.

We even got some time in for a little fishing....H3 was the catch of the day! It was our friend Nick. He'd never been there before and couldn't wait for us to find him, so he came looking for us. Opps wrong turn.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Did Nick end up with a wet interior?

Oh ya! Front to back on the passenger side. It almost made it to the seats, but luckily for him it was just below. He has 2 big subs and a professional built speaker enclosure that also got wet. That was the first trail of the day and it's one I don't go down, because of how deep it is. That is the shallow part. Move forward another 100 yards and it get 35 inches deep.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I got swallowed in puddle that looked like nothing but the whole front of the jeep disappeared into it LOL I try to avoid that stuff

At some point in our lives we've all gotten in a little to deep.

Nick said "It looked pretty deep, but I was too lazy to put a stick in it. Guess I learned a lesson there."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information