Thread: On-Board Air Project

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar

On-Board Air Project

I have started to collect the items needed for this mod. I baught an air compressor kit from Harbor Freight similar to Cico7's. Also I aquired a tank from work for $$$$$FREE$$$$$, just got to see if it'll fit under the Jeep. If this tank does'nt fit, I will have to aquire more of a "tube" style tank. Now I just need to get some misc. items like the pressure switch, on/off switch, quick connects, and maybe a longer hose. I will have to mod the tank a bit, but no big deal.

My plan is to install the compressor inside the Jeep, just not sure where yet. I have a few ideas from seeing others' installs and will figure something out when the time comes.

Some might say it's an overkill mod for my Jeep 'cause of where I live (lack of trails/off roading). They say "Why", I say "Why Not". Plus, I plan on going on plenty of road trips and hitting different trails at the same time.

The main reason tho, is because I CAN!

Anyways, on to the pics...............

Stay tuned..........................
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Are you going to mount the air tank where the spare tire belongs? Looking forward to project updates.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Are you going to mount the air tank where the spare tire belongs? Looking forward to project updates.

That all depends on if I can clear the parking garage with my basket or not. If it clears with the spare up top, then yes.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I think mounting it where the jack is would be perfect. That thing is useless anyway especially on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I think mounting it where the jack is would be perfect. That thing is useless anyway especially on the trail.
    Lmao. I think you responded in the wrong site, but yes I like that spot for the pump.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Yes I did read mounting the pump on the other site but replied on this site. The funny thing is I did it on purpose. I have a cool spot for mounting a inverter, I think its perfect but depends on your options installed if it will fit for you. I saw this while searching around jeep forum I like it and will try this one myself.

I kinda figured, just pulling your leg bro.

I saw that same thread on that site while researching inverters. That's a great spot as well.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Thread Information