9 90.00%
  • July 27 - Trail Run & Events

9 90.00%
  • July 28 - Trail Run & Events

8 80.00%
  • July 29 - Departure

8 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / July 24 - 29 / Buena Vista Colorado (Pre-Event)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Blog Entries

Buena Vista KOA

This Year we will be staying at the Buena Vista KOA (Kampgrounds of America) in Buena Vista Colorado. When you call to make your reservations make sure to them them you want to be with the "Camp Commander Group"

I have requested that they attempt to place us in sites close to each other, you can request anything you want when you call to make your actual reservation.

The view from your campsite at this KOA is buena indeed- a panorama of five 14,000-foot-plus peaks frames this mountain valley. Tucked among rocks and shaded by pinon pines, the campground is a few miles southeast of the small resort town of Buena Vista and a mile from the Arkansas River. Hike or bike on public land adjacent on three sides of the KOA, then sign up at the campground office for fly-fishing and horseback riding. Your hosts can arrange for a wide variety of other pursuits-such as rafting and jeeping and soaking in hot springs-or direct you to hiking trails, ghost towns and rock hounding sites. At KOA, play sand volleyball, basketball and horseshoes, then head for the hot tub. Breakfast is served summer mornings in the cook shack. Enjoy this quiet and tranquil setting
    Click here to be re-directed to their site that will provide all the information you need!

Buena Vista KOA
    27700 County Road 303
    Buena Vista, CO 81211
    (800) 562-2672

Tommy at the KOA sent me the following message
    P1-P6 are water/electric sites and are for RVs. B7-B10 are water/electric back-in and are great for pop-ups. Often a group will take those if they have pop-ups, and then use P6-P5-P4 for the trailers.

The closest full hookup will be across the playground as in P68. Since P6 is on the end, it is a great gathering place, and faces out to the back-ins.

Also if anyone has a tent, T-11--T13 is close by.

IF cabins are desired, cabin 5, 4, & 8 are one-room; and cabin 6 & 7 are two-room cabins; and are fairly close.

Bathrooms and showers are located on the west side of the A-frame building.
    I have reserved B-10 in the back-in section of the park for a pop-up trailer at a rate of $35.40 per night ($189.03 for the week).

Tommy has told me that if you make your reservation before the month ends he will give you the 2010 rates. I do not know what the increase would be for the 2011 rates but an early reservation might save you a few dollars.

Best thing to do is to phone, to set your reservations. A deposit in the amount of the first night stay is required on either a Visa or MasterCard. If you place your reservation in the month of January, we will be giving the 2010 rates.

Sarah and Tommy
    Last edited by Knappster; 06-09-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information