Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
I will be flying out to Eugene Oregon tomorrow to bring back a prisoner so I will take along my trailguide and start to select some great trails, if there are trails you woul dlike to do like Mosquito Pass and others post it up herer or send me a PM.

We have four days to get in as many trails as we can including travel time to and from base camp and other activites.

My wife said she is not going to come this year. She told me to go if i wanted to. Not sure if I should read between the lines on that or not. So i am not sure i will make it, but it could always happen. So my two scents worth on the trails may not really hold an value....BUT...

When picking the trails I would suggest using the trail damage guide and staying with shorter trails, in the 4-6 rating. Anything harder will probably not be very good for this group, but lower rating trails are basically just roads, that any car could go on. Just a thought anyway. I am just taking this from the talk around camp for the past two years...they the really long days seem to really tax people and be come sort or stressful....Several people said that the really easy trails seem to defeat the purpose of drive all the way to Camp Commander when they could drive on gravel roads anywhere. I think its good to have a mix of trails though for all levels. I just think that looking back at the trails we did over the past two years, the 4s,5s, and 6s, that were less than 10 miles, gave people a bit of a challenge, but didnt break any parts, and didnt leave you seasick.
I thought black bear was the perfect trail last year, as did many others. Imogene is also good, but a bit long....both ofcourse would be perfect without the drive back to camp!
But of course...i have not been on any of the trails in this new area, but have driven past there. Its hard to know what to expect until you get there. Im just trying to toss out ideas and insights from what I got from others...even if I can not make it.