• July 27 - Trail Run & Events

9 90.00%
  • July 28 - Trail Run & Events

8 80.00%
  • July 29 - Departure

8 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / July 24 - 29 / Buena Vista Colorado (Pre-Event)

Administrator
    Blog Entries

West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / July 24 - 29 / Buena Vista Colorado (Pre-Event)

Welcome to the Official WC Camp Commander 2010 Thread. This thread will contain all the information you need for attending this event.

This year WC Camp Commander 2011 is proudly sponsored by XK-Forum.com and will run from July 25th to July 28th in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado. The base camp will be set up at the Buena Vista KOA in Buena Vista, Colorado. Information on lodging can be found in the following posts.

Please only vote in the attached poll once you have made your reservation and know what dates you plan to attend. we will then try to plan the most popular events around the majority attendance but everyday will be a good day to run these beautiful trails. If your plans change do not worry about it the poll is not a firm commitment. THIS IS A PUBLIC POLL SO YOUR SELECTIONS CAN BE SEEN BY OTHERS!

The poll includes registration for the day before and the day after the main event for those like myself who are able to come in early in order to enjoy all the trails and events planned for the event.
    Last edited by Knappster; 01-29-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Buena Vista KOA

This Year we will be staying at the Buena Vista KOA (Kampgrounds of America) in Buena Vista Colorado. When you call to make your reservations make sure to them them you want to be with the "Camp Commander Group"

I have requested that they attempt to place us in sites close to each other, you can request anything you want when you call to make your actual reservation.

The view from your campsite at this KOA is buena indeed- a panorama of five 14,000-foot-plus peaks frames this mountain valley. Tucked among rocks and shaded by pinon pines, the campground is a few miles southeast of the small resort town of Buena Vista and a mile from the Arkansas River. Hike or bike on public land adjacent on three sides of the KOA, then sign up at the campground office for fly-fishing and horseback riding. Your hosts can arrange for a wide variety of other pursuits-such as rafting and jeeping and soaking in hot springs-or direct you to hiking trails, ghost towns and rock hounding sites. At KOA, play sand volleyball, basketball and horseshoes, then head for the hot tub. Breakfast is served summer mornings in the cook shack. Enjoy this quiet and tranquil setting
    Click here to be re-directed to their site that will provide all the information you need!

Buena Vista KOA
    27700 County Road 303
    Buena Vista, CO 81211
    (800) 562-2672

Tommy at the KOA sent me the following message
    P1-P6 are water/electric sites and are for RVs. B7-B10 are water/electric back-in and are great for pop-ups. Often a group will take those if they have pop-ups, and then use P6-P5-P4 for the trailers.

The closest full hookup will be across the playground as in P68. Since P6 is on the end, it is a great gathering place, and faces out to the back-ins.

Also if anyone has a tent, T-11--T13 is close by.

IF cabins are desired, cabin 5, 4, & 8 are one-room; and cabin 6 & 7 are two-room cabins; and are fairly close.

Bathrooms and showers are located on the west side of the A-frame building.
    I have reserved B-10 in the back-in section of the park for a pop-up trailer at a rate of $35.40 per night ($189.03 for the week).

Tommy has told me that if you make your reservation before the month ends he will give you the 2010 rates. I do not know what the increase would be for the 2011 rates but an early reservation might save you a few dollars.

Best thing to do is to phone, to set your reservations. A deposit in the amount of the first night stay is required on either a Visa or MasterCard. If you place your reservation in the month of January, we will be giving the 2010 rates.

Sarah and Tommy
    Last edited by Knappster; 06-09-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Post Current Reservation & Site locations:

Knappster - B10 - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 29
    Rocky Mountain Canary - ? - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 29
    StrokeZ - Cabin 4 - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 29
    WanderingTs - N/A - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 29 - CANCELED
    Tymac - ? - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 28
    pjmjr508 - Cabin 8 - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 29 - CANCELED
    HueyPilotVN - N/A - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 29 - Pending
    brendon - ? - Arrival July 25 / Departure July 28
    TrialByFire - T21 - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 29
    Ped4599 - Off Site - Arrival July 24 / Departure July 29
    NoMatter - Kabin -

(I will update this post as members provide information to me)
    Last edited by Knappster; 07-18-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Update attendance list

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Proposed Daily Schedule

PROPOSED Daily Schedule: Revised 01/28/2011

July 24 (Sunday): Early Arrivals and Set up (no planned trail rides)

July 25 (Monday) / AM Run: Fourmile Area / This trail is rated "Easy" but is a good starter trail. It is approximately 25 miles in length and should take an estimated 3 to 4 hours.

July 25 (Monday) / PM Run: This afternoon run will be on one of the more difficult trails in the area.

July 26 (Tuesday): Tincup Pass, St. Elmo / This is a "Moderate" rated trail. It is approximately 13 miles in length and should take about 2 hours one way. St. Elmo is one of the most popular ghost towns in Colorado.

July 26 (Tuesday) / Social Event: As in previous years I would like to plan a awards dinner for this evening at a local dinning establishment.

July 27 (Wednesday) / AM Run: Hancock Pass, Alpine Tunnel / This trail is rated "moderate" and is approximately 12 miles and should be another half day run.

July 27 (Wednesday) / PM Run: This afternoon run will be a "difficult" run for those who want to see what your Commander can do without breaking anything

July 28 (Thursday) : Mosquito Pass / this too is a "moderate" rated trail, it is the highest pass road in Colorado open to travel. Total distance is 13.6 miles and should take 2 to 3 hours one way plus travel time to this trail which is the farthest from base-camp.

July 29 (Friday) : Departure (no planned trail rides)
    Last edited by Knappster; 06-09-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added trail information

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Smile Door Prizes & Giveaways

Door Prizes & Giveaways: Updated: 01/28/11

last year we had some really great prizes and everyone who attended left with something, If you have a product you would like to contribute this year please let me know and we will add it to the list in this post.

1) Discount Tire Goodie Bag including $50 (tire) / $100 (wheel & Tire) Discount from Discount Tire and many other cool items (Every Participant at WC Camp Commander will receive one of these)
    2) XK-Forum.com window decal from XK-Forum.com
    3) Superchips prize package (Tee-shirt, hat, sticker & cozie) from Superchips
    4)
    5)
    Last edited by Knappster; 07-18-2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Updated prize list

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Last Day To lock in 2010 Rates

Today is the last day to lock in 2010 rates on your site reservation!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Just booked for the week. Should be fun.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    Just booked for the week. Should be fun.
    Did you get your site Number?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I really wanted to go but don't think I can make it. Putting around $1500 in armor on the XK before spring plus all the weekend trips I take wheeling this one will be to much considering I would need about $1,000 in gas just to get their and back. But who knows the sun shines on a dogs a** once in a while too.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    No site number becuase I reserved a 1 room Kabin. One or perhaps both of my daughters will be joining me and I think that is as rough as they can handle it. Too bad they don't take Hilton or Marriott points hehe....I could stay for free!
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information