• July 27 - Trail Run & Events

9 90.00%
  • July 28 - Trail Run & Events

8 80.00%
  • July 29 - Departure

8 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / July 24 - 29 / Buena Vista Colorado (Pre-Event)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Welcome back Huey. Glad to hear Lee is doing so well!

As for the trail choices, I'm up for the Grizzly Lake, or making a loop of both.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    One other trail that is near by....literally only a few miles from base camp is Chinaman Gulch, which is a well known trail. I am not sure if this one can be completed by our rigs or not. I know the low end rating is about a 4 since there are some bypasses for the hard stuff, and the top end is a 7. Of course those ratings can be relative and very from year to year. I do think its worth a look, and that I may try it the day after we do the "Fourmile area" in the morning. This trail is close by so IF it looks like it will ruin the rig and I wont be able to make it back home, I can always turn around...I at least want to drive there and see it. If anyone wants to go along and attempt it or a go as a far as possible, chime in! (or if you have first hand knowledge, ....sound off.....)

Also, as you can see from the images "Carnage canyon" is right there too. This trail is very hard and is also a well known trail for serious crawlers. I will probably spend a few minute looking it over and maybe walk a ways into it, or if any others groups are running it, maybe watch and see how they do. Just an idea. Its so close to the camp (relative to other trails we will do) that I would be mad at my self for not at least checking it out.

Last edited by ped4599; 07-06-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I will research the trail a little more too but you have peaked my interest.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I will research the trail a little more too but you have peaked my interest.
    Chinaman Gulch is supposed to be good and probably doable with a 2" lift. I've wanted to do it after reading the description on TrailDamage.com.
    Carnage Canyon is extreme and for buggies only from what I've seen.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    Chinaman Gulch is supposed to be good and probably doable with a 2" lift. I've wanted to do it after reading the description on TrailDamage.com.
    Carnage Canyon is extreme and for buggies only from what I've seen.
    I use traildamage.com also. Lots of good info on there.

Picking up the travel trailer on the way home today to begin packing for Colorado. I can't wait to get out of here on Friday!! If anyone is coming out of New Mexico on I-25 or across Colorado Rt. 160 to I-25 shoot me a pm and I'll get you my number. If you have road trouble or just want to stop by for a visit we'd love to have you. We're just south of Walsenburg, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    Picking up the travel trailer on the way home today to begin packing for Colorado. I can't wait to get out of here on Friday!! If anyone is coming out of New Mexico on I-25 or across Colorado Rt. 160 to I-25 shoot me a pm and I'll get you my number. If you have road trouble or just want to stop by for a visit we'd love to have you. We're just south of Walsenburg, CO
    So you are close to Blanca Peak. That's one more I'd like to try!

The wife and I will probably be heading up from Albuquerque on US-285 through Alamosa, but thanks for the invite.

Our place faces the East Spanish Peak, but still in the Sangre de Cristo chain. I'd like to try Lake Como rd. sometime.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    few short videos of Grizzly Lake

2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Not enough ground clearance for the Commander.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information