• July 27 - Trail Run & Events

9 90.00%
  • July 28 - Trail Run & Events

8 80.00%
  • July 29 - Departure

8 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: West Coast Camp Commander 2011 / July 24 - 29 / Buena Vista Colorado (Pre-Event)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    There are several difficult trails that you need a lift (under armor) and 4-lo that sounded real nice to me but I am one of those who will do more with my XK then many others. We certainly can put a couple of those trails in the plan for the afternoon and then people can choose if they want to try them or find their own entertainment (and it sounds like there is a lot to do there).
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    The trails you listed look pretty good. Im going to be bringing my MTN bike with me and do some riding as well if I can get someone to join me - prolly after the half day sessions. Looks pretty cool.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    The trails you listed look pretty good. Im going to be bringing my MTN bike with me and do some riding as well if I can get someone to join me - prolly after the half day sessions. Looks pretty cool.
    If there is a place to rent bikes I might be interested, my son took mine to college with him.
    Last edited by Knappster; 06-09-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTs View Post
    Ghost towns with some sightseeing sounds like a great reason to get dirty!

Some of the runs last year ended up being pretty short, leaving half a day or so open. I don't see anything wrong with this, especially since it gives people flexiblity. On a Manx Dune Buggy rally I went to they had it set up where the second half of the day had advanced runs after the initial run for those who wanted to go a little more hardcore. I would love it if we were able to do the same one (or more) days. I love to push the edge a little bit, and doing that with the safety of other experienced XK owners around is even better. I barely used 4 low last year. I heard a rumor that El Cid and Ped4599 did a hard run the last day last year...but my vacation time had run out.

Is there anyone else coming who would like to try some sort of very advanced or hard trail later in one of the days? Does anyone have a good suggestion for a trail to fit this bill? I am not interested in going so hard that I am going to leave paint or parts somewhere along the trail, but I wouldn't mind pushing my XK to 80-90% of what it can do. A short distance but high challenge trail would probably be good if we only have half a day.
    I will make my resverations this week & I awill be down with this as well. I would like to push mine to see what it will do, this is why I have spent the money for the mods & for this type of jeep.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Post #4 has been updated as follows:

PROPOSED Daily Schedule: Revised 01/28/2011

July 24: Early Arrivals and Set up (no planned trail rides)

July 25 / AM Run: Fourmile Area / This trail is rated "Easy" but is a good starter trail. It is approximately 25 miles in length and should take an estimated 3 to 4 hours.

July 25 / PM Run: This afternoon run will be on one of the more difficult trails in the area.

July 26: Tincup Pass, St. Elmo / This is a "Moderate" rated trail. It is approximately 13 miles in length and should take about 2 hours one way. St. Elmo is one of the most popular ghost towns in Colorado.

July 26 / Social Event: As in previous years I would like to plan a awards dinner for this evening at a local dinning establishment.

July 27 / AM Run: Hancock Pass, Alpine Tunnel / This trail is rated "moderate" and is approximately 12 miles and should be another half day run.

July 27 / PM Run: This afternoon run will be a "difficult" run for those who want to see what your Commander can do without breaking anything

July 28: Mosquito Pass / this too is a "moderate" rated trail, it is the highest pass road in Colorado open to travel. Total distance is 13.6 miles and should take 2 to 3 hours one way plus travel time to this trail which is the farthest from base-camp.

July 29: Departure (no planned trail rides)
    Last edited by Knappster; 02-07-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The revised schedule sounds great to me. It provides lots of options for all levels of interest, while preserving the core of the Camp Commander traditions.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Love the addition of the PM run! Looks good!
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTs View Post
    The revised schedule sounds great to me. It provides lots of options for all levels of interest, while preserving the core of the Camp Commander traditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    Love the addition of the PM run! Looks good!
    I will study my trail guides and see what specific trails sound Commander Friendly and list them with details in the near future.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Door Prizes

If you have anything to share please let me know and we will list it post #5

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I am booked for 24th thru 29th in a 1 room cabin. Do not know what the cabin # is yet & will update once I know
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information