Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AirFlow Brand (c) Snorkel

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xhjeep View Post
    Glad thing are happening at last for you Knappster... Trust you found Michael a good bloke & easy to discuss ideas with.... I did when he was developing the XH snorkel.
    He was fun to talk too, talked about a lot of technical stuff that was over my head but I coul dtell he loved whatever he was talking about. the connect was not hte best but the conversation was good and he sounds like he really knows and loves what he is doing. As you know there are a couple other projects in the works that I will post more about after he has completed his patents.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    He was fun to talk too, talked about a lot of technical stuff that was over my head but I coul dtell he loved whatever he was talking about. the connect was not hte best but the conversation was good and he sounds like he really knows and loves what he is doing. As you know there are a couple other projects in the works that I will post more about after he has completed his patents.
    ummm now your have my curiosity peaked

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    ummm now your have my curiosity peaked
    curiosity killed the cat!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    curiosity killed the cat!
    I never run out ways to get in trouble

Just FYI for everyone, Rocky Road now has these, and very inexpensive compared to the prices on the Airflow site. But, as of last week when I was talikng to RR, still no fix for the antenna. The online help from RR actaully called Airflow while I was on still nothing.
    I have been thinking of one but then there is the whole "is this really usefull" question. Not sure how many people ford rivers but this is only one little step. The fuses under the hood would need to be waterproofed, the electronis, everything...big job
    '07, 4.7L, QTII, 2" lift, T-boddy spacer, flowmaster 40, HID's, CB, JVC nav/DVD, 245/75/17 Wrangler Territory's, Superchips, 6' roofrack with 8 lights, LTD grab handles, rear storage compartment, chassis rock lights, clinometer, yadda, yadda, yadda

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    Not sure how many people ford rivers but this is only one little step. The fuses under the hood would need to be waterproofed, the electronis, everything...big job
    Snorkel is not just for deep water... When fording any water crossing there maybe a hidden dip or washout and if the hood dips or there is a bow wave large enough off a bank or drive too fast through shallow water and the engine gulps water (and not much) then it's history especially with modern high compression power plants & certainly diesels..No second chance in almost all cases.... For me it's not the issue of water, I do a lot of hot dusty desert driving and a snorkel is a bonus ..Why??...Well it draws in cooler air up higher off the surface and and cleaner, a definite economy advantage as well as power increase from the "Ram" effect...So not just for water but then a hydrolock will be expensive...You'll need an understanding bank manager
    Last edited by xhjeep; 02-10-2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: added some

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Looks good but I dont really see the purpose of them because by the time i would need it my electrical is already gone...
    Last edited by Brandon1024; 03-22-2011 at 07:52 PM.

The components under the hood can take a lot of water before anything happens and then most likely just blow a fuse. Any problems you get electrical under the hood is a lot cheaper then a new engine.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    The components under the hood can take a lot of water before anything happens and then most likely just blow a fuse. Any problems you get electrical under the hood is a lot cheaper then a new engine.
    Learn something new everyday. Now just to waterproof my wiring. Kills me to cut into my XK like that...
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

I personally stay out of the water and mud as much as I can and still got mud on my filter and sucked a little water in a few times. Anything you can do to get rid of the stock intake is a good thing on the XK. A CAI will help a snorkel will eliminate this unless you drive in a lake. I for now just put a filter right on the inlet that attatches to the throttle body to get me by for the time being. But if you off road you need to do something IMO

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information