Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AirFlow Brand (c) Snorkel

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1024 View Post
    Learn something new everyday. Now just to waterproof my wiring. Kills me to cut into my XK like that...
    I wouldnt worry about water proofing your wiring. I have seen hundreds of 4x4's hydrolock their engines, and had no problems with wiring or anything to that effect. If they would have had a snorkel, they would have been fine. I almost hydrolocked my engine in the XK. No water got anywhere near the fuses or PCM but it found its way in the air box.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Ha I meant like for my lighting and amp I have it hard wired and not to the fuse box (summertime job) to change that
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    I actually wouldn't mind loosing the ant. for the radio myself.. I hardly ever listen to regular radio since I have satellite radio. Does it cover over the ant. hole or can you see the hole? That would look like crap IMO! BTW OK4wd here in Jersey is now carrying these,around $400+ bucks.. There's a few other mods I need first before this like a little bit more aggressive tire..

Frank
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 06blkhemi View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind loosing the ant. for the radio myself.. I hardly ever listen to regular radio since I have satellite radio. Does it cover over the ant. hole or can you see the hole?
    I don't have satellite since this is not driven often enough to be worth it in the Commander (Have it in my smart).

It does cover the hole but you can still see it if you look straight down from above and are trying to find it, remember when it was designed they hadn't considered the antenna as they do not have one there on the HK.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    The engineers go to a lot of work making sure the engine is pretty secure. When you wash your engine, you don't have to cover all the electrical gear.
    If you did, there would not be anything left to wash. The only thing you really need to worry about is getting water in the intake. That being said,
    dipping the engine in the water won't be a problem as long as the intake is dry.

Did you see the movie "Dante's Peak" he turned his truck into a submarine and drove out of the water. And it emerged completely dry. Ok i know it is a movie...

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I drove thru some pretty deep water on Saturday

My run through the deep stuff is at 3 minutes and 15 seconds.
    Last edited by Knappster; 04-25-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    That was awesome! thanks for sharing!
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    That was an awsome video! Good thing you have a snorkel or you'd be buying a new engine....lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    That was an awsome video! Good thing you have a snorkel or you'd be buying a new engine....lol
    Didn't know it was that deep until I got into it!

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    x2!!

I hydrolocked the engine in my explorer 3 times... never had an electrical issue. Each time i was able to get the engine running again. After the 3rd time i built a snorkel lol.

BUT... the damage took its toll. I must've weakend one of the connecting rods because pulling out of work one day it broke and punched 3 holes through the engine!!

That was a fun wheeling rig!!

Moral of the story... if you're using "but you'll just get the electrical stuff wet so i dont see the point" as your excuse for not getting a snorkel, you're sorely mistaken. The electronics aren't a big deal. However, you do want to make sure you extend your vent lines and check you diffs/trans/tcase fluids afterwards and change them on the "severe" cycle since there will be some water ingestion.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information