Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: AirFlow Brand (c) Snorkel

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    LMAO. Unfortunately it was the only Air Flow Snorkel kit in the United States not currently installed on an XK (of course its missing a few pieces). So the only way for you to get one is to purchase it directly from Australia (www.snorkels.com.au) at $495 plus approx. $100 for shipping to the U.S. (Freight). Sorry, but you know if more were available at the same price I got mine I would have posted it on the forum for you guys.
    Ya I figured as much at that price I can have one made for half that.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Well if you need help with the parts list, let me know!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Well if you need help with the parts list, let me know!
    I'm going to see what all Kurt sent me once it arrives and go from there. He said he threw a bunch of extra parts in the box so with a little creative thinking and a trip to the parts so and i'll be set! I'll be in contact with you once its installed so I can pick your brain about the antenna relocation. I want to mount it on the driver's side like you did.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Jon, I think it would be great if SA had an affordable snorkel to sell us. I was looking at my friends snorkel for his JK and it really does not look hard to make at all. I think it would be easier then making sliders. IMO

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Jon, I think it would be great if SA had an affordable snorkel to sell us. I was looking at my friends snorkel for his JK and it really does not look hard to make at all. I think it would be easier then making sliders. IMO
    I would be more than willing to produce if you can get me a set of plans. The R & D time is what I don't have yet.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I would be more than willing to produce if you can get me a set of plans. The R & D time is what I don't have yet.
    You have one its attached to your Jeep! LMAO I guess if you still need plans when I'm done with mine you can have it. But I won't be making mine for a while. I plan on making mine with square edges though nothing fancy just going to match the lines of the XK as good as I can. Form what I can tell one sheet metal will do the trick. Cut out the 4 sides weld together

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    My Airflow snorkel is still sitting on a shelf in my garage... I lost the template to mark and cut the fender. If anyone has a line on where to get that template, please let me know! I sent an email off to [email protected] when I discovered this thread moments ago.

CSH
    if it ain't broke, fix it until it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdid View Post
    My Airflow snorkel is still sitting on a shelf in my garage... I lost the template to mark and cut the fender. If anyone has a line on where to get that template, please let me know! I sent an email off to [email protected] when I discovered this thread moments ago.

CSH
    Its funny because one of the things missing from the Air Flow snorkel I scored for $100 is the template. I think I can make my own template with a little creative thinking. If everything works out ill send it to you. One way or another my snorkel is going on the XK Friday night!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Here are a few pictures from the snorkel install. I have a bunch more on my phone that I have to down load to my computer. Ill try to get them posted in the next few hours.

Airbox complete.

3 inch I.D. heavy duty flexible hose coming off the snorkel down the inner fender well.

3.5 inch O.D. to 3 inch O.D adapter my buddy fabbed up for me to connect the hose from the snorkel to the hose from the airbox.

Everything hooked up. I got a little carried away with the Silicone....lol

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-04-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Looking good man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information