Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: AirFlow Brand (c) Snorkel

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Here are the pictures from my phone!

Entire front end of XK tore apart to modify the inner fender for 3 inch I.D. flexible HD Hose

Air box ready for modification.

Modification done to the front of the inner fender behind the passenger headlight to allow the hose to bend toward the airbox since I was missing the 90 degree elbow from the kit

A little angle grinder action so the hose off the snorkel could bend properly and route towards the front of the XK inside the fender.

Paint

Final product.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 03-07-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Looks really good man. Nice job! Take a video whenever you test it out, lol.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    Looks really good man. Nice job! Take a video whenever you test it out, lol.
    Thanks! I'll definitely get some video when I test it out. I'm very confident that everything is air tight!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Looks fantastic, you would never know you did not have the entire kit.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Heck Yeah! New template is on its way from Australia! I wonder how long before it gets here??
    if it ain't broke, fix it until it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Looks fantastic, you would never know you did not have the entire kit.

Exactly, and I even used better more durable hose under the hood to connect the snorkel to the air box.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdid View Post
    Heck Yeah! New template is on its way from Australia! I wonder how long before it gets here??
    I wish I had the template and didnt have to make my own. Oh well, everything worked out in the end. Total cost $175, You cant beat that price!

I finished the last stage of the Snorkel install this weekend by relocating the antenna to the drivers side fender. Im very pleased with this kit. If I had to do it all over again and didnt find this snorkel for so cheap I would have had no problem paying over $500 for a full kit from Austrailia. Its so worth it if you ask me.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Where can I get the antenna relo kit?
    if it ain't broke, fix it until it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdid View Post
    Where can I get the antenna relo kit?
    There isn't an actual antenna relocation kit. You just need to un hook the antenna cable from the back of the radio.and pull it out the passenger side fire wall. Then you need to re route it on the drivers side of the jeep through the fire wall and plug the cable back in the radio. Once thats done you need to mark and drill a hole in the drivers side fender at the same spot the antenna was on the passenger side. Its a process that takes a few hours but wasn't hard.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information