Thread: AirFlow Brand (c) Snorkel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    3.9 Use the connector as a template to mark a hole in the metal plate, and then install the connector using four more rivets which were NOT included or on the parts list.

I did not ask Kurt why he installed the connector in the location he did, it is close to the spot shown in the instructions but Kurt went over about three more inches, the instructions show it going over the hole created when you trim off the tube and as you can see from the picture it was installed to the side of that hole.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    3.23 Cut the template out along the guard line

3.24 Line up the template to the guard edges

3.26 Center punch all marked holes

3.27 Remove the template

3.28 Cover the areas to be drilled with masking tape

Drill holes

It should be noted here that the differences in the XK and HK are of some concern, you can see in mine that I added the trail-rated badge, this is where the turn signal is on the HK so they allow for the snorkel to go over that. Unfortunately the XK has the radio antenna on the fender and the snorkel goes right over that location causing you to have to relocate the antenna. I have not done that yet so I am still looking for the best solution.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Putting the air box back in and making the connections is not too difficult but it helps if you have small hands as the space is not very large, everything goes back to it's factory location and from under the hood it is hard to tell that you did anything.

If you look close to the bottom left side of the photo you can see a tube which connects the connector we added to the air box to the snorkel added to the fender.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The snorkel has nuts pre-installed into the plastic part and you install them by reaching up inside the fender for a nice clean look.

Thread Information