Thread: Anyone using skype?

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Question Anyone using skype?

Michael from Air Flow asked me to set up a Skye account so that we can video conference the snorkel / antenna project so I set up an account today. Is anyone else using it?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I use it to let the grandparents talk to the little one. He loves it! While it is great to talk to grandma and grandpa on the phone, it is better to see them. Plus then he can show them stuff he is doing and they can see the big smile when they talk to him.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    I set it up for my elderly land lady in Detroit so she could talk to her Son and his family in China.. They would only talk a couple of times on the phone every year, for short periods before that. She can now see and talk to the grand kids..She loves it.!.!. I haven't used it myself yet.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I set it all up but have not tried it out yet.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    I'm currently in Mexico City, our hotel was just changed to one that is next to our American Embassy, Lots of uniformed men walking around with automatic weapons. ( I'm w/o my old flak jacket and M-16 ..ouch..). Wife tried to call my cell phone, and I e-mailed her I would talk to her tomorrow when I get back in the states. I just found out from a co- worker that Skype also has a way to talk via the phone at a greatly reduced rate ( vs free over the Internet).. I will investigate this option more.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I've been using to keep in contact with my wife who is deployed to Afghanistan. It's been hit and miss as far as quality, but thats due to her internet connection not the program. I've also used it for some calls back to VA so my clients and I could have a little more interaction with projects we are currently working on.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I use it but not all that often. Mainly to let the Grand parents see the kids and talk to them. Works on my blackberry as well. ALso works great on androids and anywhere you have a wifi connection on the droid you can make free skype to skype calls!! Doesn't matter if you're in Europe or wherever.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Thread Information