Thread: Where did you mount your CB Radio?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It doesn't seem to be big enough. Most CBs I've found are close in size, but are way too deep. I'll keep looking. For now it will be for gun storage.
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    how much room do you have? Have you checked out the midland CB some of us are running?

7.25 x 4.5 x 1.75

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    I am talking with some folks at right channel. I would like to install a CB up over the rr view mirror and even if I have to mount the face plate up there and the other electronics elsewhere I will. Looking at a unit with WX alerts and front fire speaker. Depth is what is killing me at the moment (where have I heard that before?? LOL). As soon as I figure it out I will post pics.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    I am talking with some folks at right channel. I would like to install a CB up over the rr view mirror and even if I have to mount the face plate up there and the other electronics elsewhere I will. Looking at a unit with WX alerts and front fire speaker. Depth is what is killing me at the moment (where have I heard that before?? LOL). As soon as I figure it out I will post pics.
    That was my first idea for mounting a CB. i just didn't see a way to have it look clean. Mounting the electronics elsewhere would be a great idea. Gets me thinking. Do the folks at right channel have some idea as how do do that?

Keep us posted. Thanks for the response.

:-)
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    how much room do you have? Have you checked out the midland CB some of us are running?

7.25 x 4.5 x 1.75
    I was hoping to get a closer fit then the midlands offer. I am trying to say within the same dimensions as the VES DVD player, so i can use the OEM bracket. (7.25 x 2 x 7.5) I think the depth needs to shorter, to account for the buttons and the anntenne conector in the back. I still want to be able to close the flap when not in use.

Thread Information