Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did you mount your CB Radio?

Where did you mount your CB Radio?

Tis does get me thinking though. I wonder if you could fit a CB where the DVD player is? I've seen people mount them there before, but no using the VES bracket or flip up door. There is already power there, so it is just about finding a CB with the rit dimensions.
    Last edited by Knappster; 02-13-2011 at 06:16 PM.
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    anything is possible all you need is the imagination and the will to get it done. Almost everything in the XK just needs to be pried off very few things I've seen have screws or anything holding them in.

It doesn't seem to be big enough. Most CBs I've found are close in size, but are way too deep. I'll keep looking. For now it will be for gun storage.
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

how much room do you have? Have you checked out the midland CB some of us are running?

7.25 x 4.5 x 1.75

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    I am talking with some folks at right channel. I would like to install a CB up over the rr view mirror and even if I have to mount the face plate up there and the other electronics elsewhere I will. Looking at a unit with WX alerts and front fire speaker. Depth is what is killing me at the moment (where have I heard that before?? LOL). As soon as I figure it out I will post pics.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    how much room do you have? Have you checked out the midland CB some of us are running?

7.25 x 4.5 x 1.75
    I was hoping to get a closer fit then the midlands offer. I am trying to say within the same dimensions as the VES DVD player, so i can use the OEM bracket. (7.25 x 2 x 7.5) I think the depth needs to shorter, to account for the buttons and the anntenne conector in the back. I still want to be able to close the flap when not in use.

Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    I am talking with some folks at right channel. I would like to install a CB up over the rr view mirror and even if I have to mount the face plate up there and the other electronics elsewhere I will. Looking at a unit with WX alerts and front fire speaker. Depth is what is killing me at the moment (where have I heard that before?? LOL). As soon as I figure it out I will post pics.
    That was my first idea for mounting a CB. i just didn't see a way to have it look clean. Mounting the electronics elsewhere would be a great idea. Gets me thinking. Do the folks at right channel have some idea as how do do that?

Keep us posted. Thanks for the response.

:-)

You can take it apart and extend all the wires that go to the face plate yourself. It be pretty complicated I haven't taken a CB apart in years so I'm just throwing ideas out.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I moved the CB radio discussion to this new thread as I felt it was important enough to have it's own thread.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Somebody on the " other " forum mounted a cb in the cubby over the rear view mirror, try searching over there for the thread. I thought it stuck out too far myself and it must have been quite a job running all the wires, plus when you have the mic hooked up it hangs down right in the middle of everything. I put mine in the cubby to the left of the steering column. I just soldered a 12v " cigarette lighter " plug and have it stored behind the pop down cover below the steering column. When I want to use it I just plug it up and hook up the mic. I have the antenna wire run under the driver's seat with a magnetic mount that I just pop out on the roof when I need it. It would be nice to have everything permanently mounted but its really not that big of a deal for me. I have the same Midland as Sal has in the pic.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information