Ok.....I see what they are doing now. They are adding a 25 ohm leg onto the antenna in case you aren't accomplishing the required impedence because of the coax type, or in their example when using a cophase antenna harness which will change the impedence with it's split set of coax.

You most likely wouldn't need it then if you had proper 50 ohm coax and a decent ground.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had never thought of needing a matching segment on a CB antenna but I see why you could use it now.

The screwdriver antenna was great! I could use it for any frequencies between 3.5mhz and 50mhz. (Including the CB band) I would use it alot between classes when I was in college and had a large gap of time. I frequently sat in the school parking lot and talked to Sweden, Italy, Germany and the UK on 14mhz (20meter band) and a few times down to venezuela the antilles and central america on 10meters (28-29mhz) when the sunspots would flare up. It was great for US talking as well especially at night on 3.800 mhz.