Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from NJ

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

New from NJ

Hey everyone. Just signed up here.... have had my xk since July of this past year. It started out as my wife's DD and I have recently taken it over (traded in my Sierra to eliminate a truck payment and got the wife a Liberty). The xk has some big shoes to fill, so I have a lot of mods planned.... but they'll take some time since I have a 15 month old son and a daughter due this July... and its not easy living in NJ being a young couple like my wife and I (only 27 and 26).

I have a pretty extensive knowledge base of vehicles, trucks, lifts, suspension, etc. I grew up lifting and wheeling vehicles... everything from Ford Explorers to Silverados to Rams to Jeep XJs and everything in between. I was an ASE tech for the better of 7 years (but we all know that ASEs really don't mean anything... I know Master Techs who cant do an oil change properly). I no longer turn wrenches for a living..... my tools are at home in my garage and now I work as an engineer; primarily failure mode analysis and design work of a major mechanical system that keeps our Navy going strong.

I hope I can add to this site and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'm not new to forums either.... been a very active member for a good 10 years now.

My name is.....obvious.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Nice to have you around Obvious....er Matt.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Welcome! I think you will like it over here....
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Thanks everyone. I've been quite busy the past few days because I'm mentoring a local highschools robotics team (They compete in the FIRST competition: www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc )... and tonight is our last "build" night before sealing it up for the competition. So once I get some free time again ill get to work on a garage & stuff.

Welcome to the forum.
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Member Looking for Dirt CT-riverrat's Avatar
    From one Newbie to another. Welcome. I wish I could have been the first to call you obvious though. LOL
    2 Matt's and both with silver Commanders.

I was wondering who would be the first to call me "obvious". Pleasantly surprised that it didn't take too long.... makes it easy to gauge how much fun we'll have here

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I was wondering who would be the first to call me "obvious". Pleasantly surprised that it didn't take too long.... makes it easy to gauge how much fun we'll have here
    Couldn't help myself. Two matts from two of the most influential states in my coast guard career. NJ for Boot camp and CT for Officer School.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

"They call me.......tater"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information