Thread: removing 3rd row seats?

removing 3rd row seats?

i was wondering for those that have taken the 3rd row out on there xk? are you able to take out just one seat? or are they one piece?

i was looking to take one side out and make a storage box while having one seat still in for "just in case."

just wondering before i get in there and take things apart?

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    One Piece
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Yup, definately all one piece. But you could be the fist Commander owner to cut it in half and fab up some new mounting brackets to hold it in. lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

well, finally got it out! my god that 2nd bolt in the middle was a real pain!!!!!

i was looking at how to take the 3rd row seat apart so i could put one side in? anyone look at them and how it could be done? it looks like there is a cross bar on the bottom that i could cut and it could be done? its where the 2 middle bolts go in, it looks like i could maybe "pry" that support bracket off and maybe cut the cross bar and it would split?

i do like how deep it is with out the seats in! im wanting to put something in to where i could put my tool bag and a other stuff to lock down and keep out of sight?

ive got a box made just to see how it fits before i make a permanent one? but again, it boils down to see if i can cut that cross bar under the seats so that i could split them and put at least one of the back in and have a box on the empty side....

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Here's what I did: http://www.villagephotos.com/members...aspx?a=2064351

As for splitting the seat, you're on your own there.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Thread Information