Thread: March 5th Humbug, China Dam, and Tule Creek

March 5th Humbug, China Dam, and Tule Creek

I know this is short notice but on Mar 5th 9 am the Arizona Pioneer and Cemetary Research Group is doing a trip the the Ghost and Mining town of Humbug it's on private property and very well perserved. They dont do very many tours of it. After that we can split off (weather/time permiting) and I can take you guys to China Dam and Tule Creek. China Dam is a good size dam built along Humbug creek in the late 1800's by Chinese immigrants for the gold mining operation. Tule creek is a very unique riparian area close by that has indian ruins, graves, and a very well perserved 3 room miners cabin. This is north of Lake Pleasant you access it off Castle Hotsprings Rd. Stock Commanders are good to go. I was going to make a $25.00 Club donation to them from the Arizona Commanders group. Here's the info about where to meet . http://apcrp.org/ACTIVITIES.htm.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a fun trip, I have a job that night but you can count me in.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

***************** TRIP UPDATE *******************

Getting to Humbug and China Dam is pretty easy. Probally 30-45 min to get to Humbug once we hit dirt it's 14 miles on a graded dirt road. China Dam is right off the road to Humbug. Tule creek is another 9 miles on a mostly good dirt good road, three rought spots but nothing out Commanders cant handle. Between Humbug and China Dam probally done about 1100-1200, if you continue on to Tule Creek which I highly recommend I'd say probally 4:00 - 5:00

To get the the meet spot just take the Carefree Highway(St RT 74) west to Lake Pleasant. Meeting up at 9:00. Turn north on Castle Hotsprings Road keep going till you hit dirt. I spoke to Neal who is the founder of Arizona Pioneer and Cemetary Research Group he said he would love to have our group there and looks foward to meeting us. He loves 4x4ing and has alot of knowlege about the old sites in the Wickenburg/ Lake Pleasant area. There providing food, it's a potluck thing, so if anybody wants to bring something your more then welcome.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Thread Information