Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Based on the response here my point is validated. The recent rise in gas prices will cause a double dip recession. Proving the Feds once a gain have no clue on what the people are thinking.
    No clue what people are thinking, or what it takes to get by. they need to get in touch with reality. In Tx the power companies are adding a sur charge on the bill because it cost more to opperate their vehicles. I don't get to charge more per hour for my work. Why should we have to pay it?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txbajacommander View Post
    No clue what people are thinking, or what it takes to get by. they need to get in touch with reality. In Tx the power companies are adding a sur charge on the bill because it cost more to opperate their vehicles. I don't get to charge more per hour for my work. Why should we have to pay it?
    exactly we don't get more per hour when are costs go up just to get to work or feed our selves so we can work. But everything we buy goes up to cover the extra costs. If anyone thinks this won't throw the fragile economy backwards there insane. But I don't see any major help coming are way at least until we get a new president and if we get stuck with this dude for another 4 years then were just not going to get any help anytime soon I guess.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I don't like talking politics at all... so i'll keep this comment short and to the point. I very much doubt we'll have a 2nd term of the current President. The PROBLEM however will be just like what got us into this mess (the reason he was elected); hopefully his "opponent" is a worthwhile candidate... otherwise we'll have another President in office that was only voted in because people were voting "against" someone, rather than "for" someone (this is one of the reasons im EMPHATICALLY against the "get out and vote" campains.... i don't want idiots voting just for the sake of "voting"... people should only vote if they know what they're voting for- which is another whole discussion).

damnit... i can't believe im posting this. it's against all of my "personal" forum rules because i try not being "that guy"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    damnit... i can't believe im posting this. it's against all of my "personal" forum rules because i try not being "that guy"
    LMAO, thats funny dude and I agree to a point. I'm not sticking up for one party or the other, actually I'm pretty upset with both sides of the aisle right now. Trying to keep the discussion in general terms because the system as a whole is broken not just one party or the other.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    \ the system as a whole is broken not just one party or the other.
    x100000000000000000000000000000000000000

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I wouldn't say the system is broken, rather the system is abused and taken advantage of. Many politicians begin their career meaning well but once they become familiar with the system they begin looking out for number one ( themselves ) and lining their pockets at the expense of their constituants. They do not live in reality, thats for damn sure.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Well.... I guess I'm not conforming here. No I'm not altering summer plans because of gas prices.
    Though gas prices are forecasted to go to $5 per gallon, it really isn't changing what we as a family do or are planning for the summer.
    I guess I won't be controlled by the costs and I will spend the money for gas and love every minute I spend doing what we love to do.
    This may sound a bit OFF but... that is exactly what our leader wants, they want us to hurt, they want us to hurt bad, they want us in rice burners. They want the control.
    Look this problem isn't a shortage of supply. If the gov't wanted to help people they could easily repeal all the gas taxes, they could have been and still drilling more in the gulf and help out the PEOPLE in Alaska. But that doesn't help their ultimate goal, control, and government dependancy.

Now that I am done with my little rant, Yes, I'm sure there will be ways that we cut back, which ultimately trickles down to everything, but it won't be on gas.

Our plans for this summer are actually a road trip to our farthest destination west, Huntington Beach Ca,(my son is going to learn to surf). As I have stated on this and another forum, we had a goal for my son, and that was for him to see the lower 48 states before he graduated from high school. 7 states left and the cost of gas won't determine what we do or how far we go.
    At the same time we aren't going in debt doing this. This summer the sates we are checking off are Arizona, Nevada and California, leaving Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washinton for next year.
    Then he goes off to college

Maybe I'm just sticking it to the MAN!!

Looking back I really love this country and it's beauty.
    I have no ambitions to travel outside the US just because there is so much here that I love and don't think most people appreciate.
    The people we have met around this country are great! Not uncommon for us as a family to talk about the people that have touched our lives, from a artist in NM, a Lakota Indian in SD, a shrimper in SC, a park ranger in ME, this list could go on and that has prompted me to start to build that list along with a list of states my XK has been in.

So I guess look for me driving around as usual this summer. My XK may have (3) kayaks on top or loaded full of baseball gear. That's what we do......... Nothing is stopping it, other than a natural disaster....
    HAVE FUN OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!

You could look at this way, the less gas I buy the less money the government has to spend I will no suffer or conform but I will take a little comfort in the fact that I will pay less taxes this summer because I won't spend as much money as I normally due.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    HTML Code:
    You could look at this way, the less gas I buy the less money the government has to spend
    Look, your sticking it to the MAN as well.

Keep in mind, they WILL ALWAYS GET YOUR MONEY, That's what they do, they never seem to need less and the more dependancy the more they need.
    Last edited by ScorpionCrawler; 03-08-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: add

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionCrawler View Post
    Our plans for this summer are actually a road trip to our farthest destination west, Huntington Beach Ca,(my son is going to learn to surf).
    You should plan a day at Camp Commander!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information