Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: PJMJR508's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    What I did was use the OME HD springs with one full coil cut off. I used everything from super lift up front except for the pre load spacer. If that helps.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Thanks guys for the info.

Since it looks like the 5100 struts are still on back order and will not have them before I get the SL installed.

Matt can you confirm this for me-
    If I do use the OME HD Strut & coil up front with a 1/2 coil cut off it & put the SL strut spacer should not make to the front to tall to ruin anything until the 5100's come in?
    Don't use the pre load spacer
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    It'd do what stites-xk did... one full coil off and no preload spacer.

Also, my reason for longer shocks (28" for 2-3" lifts and 31" for superlift+) is to maximize rear end travel. A few minor mods usually need to be done in addition to take full advantage of the longer shocks, but they're minor. Check brake and sensor lines at full drop, gas tank skid clearance, etc. And check for tire clearance under full compression; add longer bump stops if needed.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stites-xk View Post
    What I did was use the OME HD springs with one full coil cut off. I used everything from super lift up front except for the pre load spacer. If that helps.

Helps out alot!
    With that setup were you able to fit 315's?
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 08-09-2014 at 10:40 AM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

07 No preload spacer works great for me.
    Matt thank you for the info.
    The brake lines & sensor's mount I will have checked & Modified if needed when installed.
    The brake lines will be replaced with in 6 months with the new steel braided ones from crawl offroad for lifted XK/WK's. They are $255 for the full set.
    Already did the gas tank skid MOD and already did extend the bumpstop (will check again once lift & tires are put on) to ensure tire clearance.

I have been looking for 31" shocks for the rear that I can afford other than the fox ones you have, what other ones would you recommend?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'm on the road now but can look up some part numbers tonight if we're not home too late. What price range are you looking for? Can get Fox 2.0s (non resi) for ~300 (can always have them rebuilt with the adjustable resi's in the future) or any level of bilstein you want... 5100, 7100 etc.

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Helps out alot!
    With that setup were you able to fit 315's?
    I don't run 315's. I run 305's right now. I like it the way it is I might go to 315's at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by stites-xk View Post
    I don't run 315's. I run 305's right now. I like it the way it is I might go to 315's at a later date.

Thx,
    To fit the 315's the way you have it now would it take cutting to make fit?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Well I had a DOH moment.
    What I thought were prices for each were in fact per a set. So I found what I have been looking for & want to thank you to all for input towards what I am trying to get done and the right way.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Here's a tip... Grease that "ball joint" end of the SL rear swaybar end links. Mine were squeaking something awful after the last winter.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information