Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: PJMJR508's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Man that bumper has me excited about modding the xk again!

Hopefully these types of advancements help get more offroad enthusiasts into these vehicles.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Over the last few weeks I have done a lot to the XK. Have been sick, so I haven't posted a lot.
    Replaced the BJ's in the front Upper & lower CA's with MOOG.
    Replaced the inter & outer Tie Rod Ends for both sides.
    Replaced the inter & outer CV boots for the driver side.
    Replaced all the bushings in the Front Diff,
    Bent my Gas Tank Skid away from hitting my rear drive shaft.
    Installed 6k HIDs for the lowbeams
    Installed 3k HIDs for the Fogs
    Re-centered my Roofrack. I have the unistrut cross bars setup as Sal did & after maybe 6 months the roofrack had moved from center to the right side. I will be fabing a way to lock it in the center.

Whats left to be completed over the month or so;
    Front bumper is completed & Tested
    The replacement Skid for the A/C lines that run on the underside of the XK
    Front & Rear Pads & get the rotors turned
    New Tires

MODS I still want to get done with in the next 6 months;
    New Rear Steel bumper being Fab'd up
    One Off Snorkel
    Replacing the front & rear fender flairs with steel (will look similar to factory)
    Adding push bars with a step to my 4xGuard Rockrails
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 12-01-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1280.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	2323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1277.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	2324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1278.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	2325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1279.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	2326
    It has been a while since I have updated my garage with resent pictures.

The winch is out of it as it went dead last week. I have a replaced one in the back to be put in tomorrow night.

Well after 2 years since a drunk driver totaled my G35x and put me in a wheelchair for a month, I should get a check with in 3 weeks. I got the go ahead to take part and do some MODS to the XK.
    I have $5k to play with. What I want to have done within that budget is;
    SL 4" (Thru SA)
    I want the RCV Axles
    12 bolt Cover
    34-35" tires ($1k right there alone)

I can not wait. I would love some input or thoughts or concerns someone might see I don't
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 07-29-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    With everything you have listed that should be a bit under 4k right? I'd look into coilovers for the front so you can adjust the ride height more easily for your bumper/winch weight. .... maybe consider coilovers & upgraded rear shocks and save the RCVs for a future update to stay under the $5k budget.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    With the Superlift, you should also budget for:

1. adjustable rear UCAs (Rusty's ~$250)
    2. front drive shaft with double cardan joint (Carolina Driveline ~$350)

With the standard SL, I'm not so sure you'll squeeze 35s in there without some nice trimming.

I agree with Matt, set aside the RCV money for now.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

I have broke the Aftermarket & OEM Half Shafts already a few times. Plus if I don't get the RCV's now I will not have that much money at one time to get them at a later date.
    I am still looking into getting the 5100's if they become available in time & if I do have the money picking up the JBA 6" rear coils to make it a MOD SL lift from A 4" to a 6" lift.
    I already have JBA UCA's & the adjustable track-bar installed from when I installed the OME HD lift with Struts & Shocks along with the Springs.

I will pick up the Rear UCAs & Drive Shaft, Thanks for the heads up

Thanks for the input & keep it coming as I am still trying to put this together the right way.

What about 315's?
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 07-30-2014 at 11:14 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    How do we get our hands on that front bumper?
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    How do we get our hands on that front bumper?
    my wife's cousin built it for me. He does fab work as a side biz. He just finished with it this month and now he will have to redo the front skid to the bottom of the bumper as the SL I will be throwing on with in 30 days. If you are serious about the bumper I will ask him on what he wants to see them for.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

OK a few questions;

1) Since the 5100 Struts are not available yet can I setup the front end with the OME HD Strut with the SL Strut spacer with a 1/2 coil cut off of the OME HD front springs and still clear a set of 305's? I was offered a smoking deal on a set of 305 MT's with only only a few k on them as he will be upgrading to 37's.
    I will have the JBA 6" springs in the rear. Also Will have the OME HD rear shocks still until I do pick up the fox shocks that were recommended to get for the MOD 6" SL Lift.

2) Do I have to have the Aftermarket Front Drive shaft & UCA's in the rear as soon as I install the SL or can I pick up with in 60 days from the install with out messing up anything on the XK?

As I signed for the check today & was told I will have my money a week from Wednesday & plan on ordering everything that night. This is what I plan on ordering then:
    4" SL
    RCV Axles
    6" JBA Rear Springs
    Both Front LCA's
    the New 12 Bolt Rear Diff Cover

Stuff that will need to get within 60 days of the SL install:
    Front Driveshaft (Carolina Driveline)
    Rear Adjustable UCA (Rustys Offroad).

I can't wait until this is installed as I have a big trail run on OCT 4th and can't wait to have fun with it. Then the XK will be parked for 3 months in NOV as I will be having foot rebuilt & will not be able to drive for 3 months.
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 08-04-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    OK a few questions;

1) Since the 5100 Struts are not available yet can I setup the front end with the OME HD Strut with the SL Strut spacer with a 1/2 coil cut off of the OME HD front springs and still clear a set of 305's? I was offered a smoking deal on a set of 305 MT's with only only a few k on them as he will be upgrading to 37's.
    I will have the JBA 6" springs in the rear. Also Will have the OME HD rear shocks still until I do pick up the fox shocks that were recommended to get for the MOD 6" SL Lift.

2) Do I have to have the Aftermarket Front Drive shaft & UCA's in the rear as soon as I install the SL or can I pick up with in 60 days from the install with out messing up anything on the XK?

As I signed for the check today & was told I will have my money a week from Wednesday & plan on ordering everything that night. This is what I plan on ordering then:
    4" SL
    RCV Axles
    6" JBA Rear Springs
    Both Front LCA's
    the New 12 Bolt Rear Diff Cover

Stuff that will need to get within 60 days of the SL install:
    Front Driveshaft (Carolina Driveline)
    Rear Adjustable UCA (Rustys Offroad).

I can't wait until this is installed as I have a big trail run on OCT 4th and can't wait to have fun with it. Then the XK will be parked for 3 months in NOV as I will be having foot rebuilt & will not be able to drive for 3 months.
    Those OME rear shocks are going to top out on every bump with 6 inch spings in the rear.

You don't need the front drive shaft right away but it will be a good upgrade when you get to it. As for the rear upper control arms it all depends on the rear pinion angle after the 6 inch springs are installed. It should be fine without them until you decide to order them
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information