Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: PJMJR508's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Sal I don't know what edit you did on this link in post 236, but if you click on it I get this error;
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Sorry man, I changed it so they would show up as normal like the other pics you posted. So we didn't have to click on every single pic that opens a new window. It was working not sure what happen. I put the pics in individually now so they should show up. It's not posted like your other pictures but their view-able. If you want me to try and post it like your other pictures let me know. Again sorry about the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post

Current Hub to Fender
    FD 25 1/4" FP 26"

Having the alignment rechecked tomorrow.
    Issues I am currently working on.
    Once the front passenger side starts to flex the DS hits the gas tank skid
    DS Ujoints are whistling and the rubber cover on DS was ripped off when it tagged the gas tank skid. Need to replace the Rear DS, will be looking at Carolina DS or NW driveshafts here in town and going from there.
    I went to test everything out on lunch at work yesterday by hitting some mud puddles at the water next to work and now my ABS & BAS/ESP and the TC lights are on. These are the codes it is throwing C1015, B1630, U0415. Will be pulling the front tires on it tomorrow to see if I see anything.
    The knocking sounds was the Pas rcv axle & will contact them tomorrow. When the shop swapped it out with the OEM one the intershaft was seized unto the RCV axle. From my understanding it took the mech 45 min with a deadblow to get them apart. The OEM one was put back in & goes in out & out with no issue. The RCV axle came apart when it was being removed as well.

Items still need to do
    Swap out the rear diff cover.
    Get new front DS
    Rear adjustable UCA's & LCA's

Future MODs
    Rear bumper
    lights

I have had somewhat lifted rigs in the past, this is the biggest I have ever had so still learning. I know there are things that pop up when you MOD a rig, but this is getting annoying. It seems like one thing after the other. Once all is worked out, all should be golden.
    Didn't you install a rear adjustable track bar? How bad is the rear pinon angle? You having any issues running the OEM axles? Two of the codes makes sense to me if your axle was binding up real bad. C1015 is wheel speed sensor correct? U0415 has something to do with the ABS correct? If that's the case and that tires was way off on reading because it was binding up it would throw codes. Not sure but that's my best guess right now.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Sorry man, I changed it so they would show up as normal like the other pics you posted. So we didn't have to click on every single pic that opens a new window. It was working not sure what happen. I put the pics in individually now so they should show up. It's not posted like your other pictures but their view-able. If you want me to try and post it like your other pictures let me know. Again sorry about the mistake.
    No worries, if something you see needs to be corrected, go ahead it is ok with me. Just in this case the correction came back with an error.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Didn't you install a rear adjustable track bar? How bad is the rear pinon angle? You having any issues running the OEM axles? Two of the codes makes sense to me if your axle was binding up real bad. C1015 is wheel speed sensor correct? U0415 has something to do with the ABS correct? If that's the case and that tires was way off on reading because it was binding up it would throw codes. Not sure but that's my best guess right now.
    Yes on the adjustable trackbar, I have bent edges away from the tank skid & once it stops pouring rain I will work on adjusting it away from that skid.
    Did not look to bad to me, tomorrow I will take & post a pic of it.
    I put the OEM passanger OEM axle back in & it works great.
    The codes only came on once I hit the first large mud puddle, mostly water and that was after I put the OEM one back in. Here is what trips me out, my 4lo still works with the Service 4WD System error displayed.

Also once it stops raining I am going to pull the front tires and get a better look at senors up front.
    When I had this lift installed, I also had them on the front install new LCA's & Wheel Hubs & 5100 struts so with the lifts provided knuckles the entire front end suspension is new.

I look it like this, I need to get all the kinks & bugs out now so when I hit the trails I will have no issues. I just hope I can get all resolved before mid next month for when I park it for 3 months.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I would check all connections, make sure nothing is maxed out, stretched, kinked etc.. I think Sal may be on to something as well,, but since lights came on after OEM axles went in is weird.. Im sure its probably something simple, good luck!!! At least that thing looks sick now, straight BEAST!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0319.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	2431Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0316.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	2432

here are the pics of the ds & rear diff angle.

Took it in & had it aligned and rides a lot better.
    Still off a bit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0320.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	2433
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 10-23-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Your pinion angle looks fine in those pictures.

If you do end up getting adjustable rear upper and lower control arms I'll be more than happy to buy your Superlift rear lower control arms from you.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Sorry, but that rear angle looks lile crap, just like mine did. Look for a thread titled something like warning to superlift owners started by Matt.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.

EDIT: Here is the link.
    Last edited by lekmedm; 10-24-2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Added link.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    How does that rear angle look like crap. The ujoint is at almost a perfect angle to the pinion flange. Unless it's a bad picture or something that looks to be fine.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

From my understanding and I don't due axles so just from what I've read. Is that the pinion angle is based on the type of connection at the TC. A regular U joint the pinion needs to be parallel with the TC. If a double cardon it needs to point towards the TC at a certain angle. So if you have a u-joint you can't just point your axle up to reduce the angle at the pinion.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread Information