Thread: PJMJR508's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    How do we get our hands on that front bumper?
    2010 5.7 QTII - OME HD w/ 3/8" spacers up front and F150 MLL in rear, JBA UCA 6.7, JKS 2034 Front Quick Disconnects, Gas Tank Skid Mod, PinchWeld Mod, 1.5" SpiderTrax, General Grabber AT 265/70/17, Custom Front Receiver / Plow Mount, Custom Tow Rings F/R, Diablo Intune.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thance View Post
    How do we get our hands on that front bumper?
    my wife's cousin built it for me. He does fab work as a side biz. He just finished with it this month and now he will have to redo the front skid to the bottom of the bumper as the SL I will be throwing on with in 30 days. If you are serious about the bumper I will ask him on what he wants to see them for.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

OK a few questions;

1) Since the 5100 Struts are not available yet can I setup the front end with the OME HD Strut with the SL Strut spacer with a 1/2 coil cut off of the OME HD front springs and still clear a set of 305's? I was offered a smoking deal on a set of 305 MT's with only only a few k on them as he will be upgrading to 37's.
    I will have the JBA 6" springs in the rear. Also Will have the OME HD rear shocks still until I do pick up the fox shocks that were recommended to get for the MOD 6" SL Lift.

2) Do I have to have the Aftermarket Front Drive shaft & UCA's in the rear as soon as I install the SL or can I pick up with in 60 days from the install with out messing up anything on the XK?

As I signed for the check today & was told I will have my money a week from Wednesday & plan on ordering everything that night. This is what I plan on ordering then:
    4" SL
    RCV Axles
    6" JBA Rear Springs
    Both Front LCA's
    the New 12 Bolt Rear Diff Cover

Stuff that will need to get within 60 days of the SL install:
    Front Driveshaft (Carolina Driveline)
    Rear Adjustable UCA (Rustys Offroad).

I can't wait until this is installed as I have a big trail run on OCT 4th and can't wait to have fun with it. Then the XK will be parked for 3 months in NOV as I will be having foot rebuilt & will not be able to drive for 3 months.
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 08-04-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    OK a few questions;

1) Since the 5100 Struts are not available yet can I setup the front end with the OME HD Strut with the SL Strut spacer with a 1/2 coil cut off of the OME HD front springs and still clear a set of 305's? I was offered a smoking deal on a set of 305 MT's with only only a few k on them as he will be upgrading to 37's.
    I will have the JBA 6" springs in the rear. Also Will have the OME HD rear shocks still until I do pick up the fox shocks that were recommended to get for the MOD 6" SL Lift.

2) Do I have to have the Aftermarket Front Drive shaft & UCA's in the rear as soon as I install the SL or can I pick up with in 60 days from the install with out messing up anything on the XK?

As I signed for the check today & was told I will have my money a week from Wednesday & plan on ordering everything that night. This is what I plan on ordering then:
    4" SL
    RCV Axles
    6" JBA Rear Springs
    Both Front LCA's
    the New 12 Bolt Rear Diff Cover

Stuff that will need to get within 60 days of the SL install:
    Front Driveshaft (Carolina Driveline)
    Rear Adjustable UCA (Rustys Offroad).

I can't wait until this is installed as I have a big trail run on OCT 4th and can't wait to have fun with it. Then the XK will be parked for 3 months in NOV as I will be having foot rebuilt & will not be able to drive for 3 months.
    Those OME rear shocks are going to top out on every bump with 6 inch spings in the rear.

You don't need the front drive shaft right away but it will be a good upgrade when you get to it. As for the rear upper control arms it all depends on the rear pinion angle after the 6 inch springs are installed. It should be fine without them until you decide to order them
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Those OME rear shocks are going to top out on every bump with 6 inch spings in the rear.

You don't need the front drive shaft right away but it will be a good upgrade when you get to it. As for the rear upper control arms it all depends on the rear pinion angle after the 6 inch springs are installed. It should be fine without them until you decide to order them
    Thank you for the information. I have been going over the old threads on here about 6" MOD SL & about the FOX shocks that Matt has. I would love to do those but from what I am seeing that it is $700+ for a set of 2. That will be something I will do at a later date. I saw the Rancho being discussed but could not tell if they would be good for a MOD 6" SL and either I missed it or there wasn't much else offered. Is there anything else that fit the bill just not so much money?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    I agree with Adam, but will add 2 things you should do ahead of time. Before you install the lift, 1) measure and take pictures of your current rear pinion angle as a reference and 2) check that front drive shaft CV joint at the TC to see if the boot isn't torn (and joint failing). I went a few thousand miles before I replaced the UCAs and DS.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    You dont have to go with the remote reservoir Fox shocks like Matt did, I had the longer Fox shocks in the rear for a 4" lift and loved them! I paid around $300 maybe less for the pair and got some great flex out of them. Ill try and dig up some pics of them flexed out with no rear sway bar. Id definitely go that route, if I could afford the Fox shocks now they would be on my Ram..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    You dont have to go with the remote reservoir Fox shocks like Matt did, I had the longer Fox shocks in the rear for a 4" lift and loved them! I paid around $300 maybe less for the pair and got some great flex out of them. Ill try and dig up some pics of them flexed out with no rear sway bar. Id definitely go that route, if I could afford the Fox shocks now they would be on my Ram..
    Thx I was looking at some of the non adjustable ones just wasn't sure how long I will need them to be to work the 6" coils. Any recommendations?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    I agree with Adam, but will add 2 things you should do ahead of time. Before you install the lift, 1) measure and take pictures of your current rear pinion angle as a reference and 2) check that front drive shaft CV joint at the TC to see if the boot isn't torn (and joint failing). I went a few thousand miles before I replaced the UCAs and DS.
    Thank you very much for the information & will take the pics and go from there.
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 08-05-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thread Information