Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Road 2.25" Lift

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    ^^^^^^^^LOL^^^^^^^^^

I also have this kit with the metal spacers and love it, I did not go with thier shocks tho. I have had no issues so far in the "mall crawler" status. One day when I grow up and take this thing off roading, I will find out how good this kit really is. LOL.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    I'm thinking about "Pulling the trigger" on one of these,and will probably get the shocks also. The lift isn't any good if the shocks can't extend far enough for better articulation.. No problem with getting the front end aligned properly after the install,should I get their adjustable Ball Joints when I order the kit ? I'm going to be running the stock 245x65x17s for the time being..

Frank
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    If you have the extra cash for the ball joints you might want to consider them. Nobody has purchased the RR ones yet so there are no reviews. The heavy duty ones sold on this forum have been tested with good results.

There is a RR lift with shocks in the buy sell on the "other" forum as well.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

You happen to have a link to the HD ball joints that you speak of?
    Frank..
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 06blkhemi View Post
    You happen to have a link to the HD ball joints that you speak of?
    Frank..
    Yes, Click Here!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I replaced my poly spacers a couple weeks ago. I got just about a year out of them. I have to say RR is great on customer service. I called them about the squished spacer, and they sent a set of the heavy metal upgrades free, freight and all. They just wanted me to email a photo of the bad spacer.

One argument I have about going with ''only'' a 2.25'' lift is nothing really has to be done. You get too radical with a lift, then you're into replacing steering arms, suspension links, sway-bar links, and whatever else due to strain on everything. U-joints croak out early because they're working at too steep an angle. On 4x4's I've been involved in for radical lifting, the transfer case needs to be dropped to level out the drive shafts among other things. And even then, you sometimes end up with bump-steer problems.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Well,I ended up a totally different way ! I went with the Rough Country lift, got them for $169 shipped.. The only thing with these lifts you really don't gain any performance with them,articulation is one of them. You can just fit a little larger tire for increased ground clearance that's about it. If the XK came from the factory with a solid axle that would make it totally a better froader,but you would give up the comfy ride..

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'm not sure I totally agree with you. Between the 2 inch BDS spacer lift and larger tires I gained a little over 3 inches at the belly of the XK. Thats a huge difference when off roading. I take my XK on trails that a stock Commander wouldnt ever be able to go on without ripping parts off the bottom. If you have the right setup u can still articulate pretty well with a spacer lift. You cant compare it to the articulation of a solid axle but im sure you get my point.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I'm not sure I totally agree with you. Between the 2 inch BDS spacer lift and larger tires I gained a little over 3 inches at the belly of the XK. Thats a huge difference when off roading. I take my XK on trails that a stock Commander wouldnt ever be able to go on without ripping parts off the bottom. If you have the right setup u can still articulate pretty well with a spacer lift. You cant compare it to the articulation of a solid axle but im sure you get my point.
    I totally get what your sayin,what saves the XK with the lack of articulation is with the electric limited slips,you get that traction to the wheel that's on the ground. I'm sure you can get better articulation with Swaybar Discos front and rear and properly bump stop it . BTW how much do those Wrangler MT/R howl and suck down the gas mileage?

Frank

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    There actually not all that loud. They do have a little noise to them but no where near as loud as Super Swampers and other mud tires on the market. As far as gas mileage, I usually get 12-13 mpg city and 16-17 mpg highway.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information