Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Report

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Little advice bro stop anticipating the recoil while shooting and control your breathing. Based on were you hit the target those are the two thing you should work on.
    That was my issue....if you look at the target, the first shot was way low but in the silouete(sp?). The next two shots were the #8 and the last three i was getting closer in the #9 spot. That gun just made me nervous with the recoil it had, I was thinking about the recoil before I even pulled the trigger...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Did you try to offer a non-refundable deposit or anything like that? If you really intend to purchase it and just need the funds that might help since they won't really be out anything at that point..
    Yes I did, but they wanted 1/2 down and would only hold it for 4 weeks.......not enough to get the rest of the money.........kinda broke and priorities (pay back the vacation charges) are holding me back. I'm not worried about it, I'll find another one down the road.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    I was thinking about the recoil before I even pulled the trigger...LOL.
    Oh I know bro that was pretty evident on the target. Doing that can cause you to hold your breath as well which can cause you to breath at the wrong time or starve you muscles of oxygen which makes them shaky. Just go over it in your head before and as you're shooting breath in breath out sight alignment squeeze don't anticipate recoil. For long range engagements you can practice pausing at the top or bottom of your breath briefly to get a shot off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Oh I know bro that was pretty evident on the target. Doing that can cause you to hold your breath as well which can cause you to breath at the wrong time or starve you muscles of oxygen which makes them shaky. Just go over it in your head before and as you're shooting breath in breath out sight alignment squeeze don't anticipate recoil. For long range engagements you can practice pausing at the top or bottom of your breath briefly to get a shot off.
    Ok i will try that next time i go, hopefully with the same pistol.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Sounds like you had a great time at the range. I haven't been out in some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    Sounds like you had a great time at the range. I haven't been out in some time now.

I had a great time, the only problem is that I got addicted. Lol, I want to go every weekend just can't afford it. Our local gun show is this weekend, I'm going to see what prices I can find.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    I had a great time, the only problem is that I got addicted. Lol, I want to go every weekend just can't afford it. Our local gun show is this weekend, I'm going to see what prices I can find.
    Price shop on new guns, quality shop on used guns. Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymac View Post
    Price shop on new guns, quality shop on used guns. Hope that makes sense.
    Perfect sense, thanks.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I havent been shooting in ages. I want to go now..thanks.

Met up with a couple of friends today at an open range. We had an awesome time shooting a bunch of different weappons. Sadly the guys with the crazy modded weapons didn't show up, but non the less it was a blast. You will have to forgive me for the lack of pics and quality, as I was too busy having fun shooting brass...LOL.

First we shot the pistols................From left to right (top)--M&P 9MM, Kimber 1911/ left to right (bottom)--Glock 26, CZ 75

The fun pistol was the Walther P22.....

I also shot a Makerov 8MM that I didn't get a pic of..

Continued...............

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Next were the rifles......First off the .22--one herd sights, one scoped...
    My buddy Jeff shooting the scoped .22, I didn't get the hard sights pic...

Bolt action .308--This thing is a beast!

Steyer M95....

Mosinangant........

AK47....

AR15....

Needless to say........my shoulder is sore.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information