Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Report

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Nice looks like fun man. Are you closer to a choice now?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Nice looks like fun man. Are you closer to a choice now?
    Yeah bro, it was a ton of fun. I am definately closer to my decision...........an AK47! LOL.....

Seriously tho, i liked the feel of the M&P. With that said, I still have to fire the XD before I can really decide.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

I'm really not sure what every ones infatuation is with the AK all though reliable it's a piece of crap to shoot. I never had my M4 let me down even with putting several combat loads threw it and its way more accurate much less recoil which really helps with shooting fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'm really not sure what every ones infatuation is with the AK all though reliable it's a piece of crap to shoot. I never had my M4 let me down even with putting several combat loads threw it and its way more accurate much less recoil which really helps with shooting fatigue.
    Its one of those "cool factor" things to be honest. I had a target at 50 feet out and only got a quarter of shots fired to hit on target. I would love to shoot an M14, M4, and FAL. But i still want an AK.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think from a civilian point of view, the AK has always been kind of an " exotic ". Its always been what the enemy had instead of the same ol' - same ol' stuff that we had. Also , back in the 80s and 90s you could get a AK parts kit and build one pretty easily and cheap. They are still cheap. You can get a Romanian for $400. But now the market is absolutely flooded with the AR rifles. There are dozens of AR manufacturers out there and an endless amount of accessories for them. Its not so easy to put a quality optic on an AK and if you do the rifle doesnt shoot well anyway. The AR is a far superior platform for anything ranging from hunting to competition shooting to actual combat. The only thing that I like about the AK is that it has a larger round than the AR but that too isn't always ideal, especially if you have to carry 400 rounds on you .
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Its one of those "cool factor" things to be honest. I had a target at 50 feet out and only got a quarter of shots fired to hit on target. I would love to shoot an M14, M4, and FAL. But i still want an AK.
    Let me tell you the M14 and the FAL will tear you up if your shoulder was sore at the range the other day these will put a hurt on you especially a non modified m14. The FAL accuracy again sucks much harder weapon to shoot but tons better then the AK. Keep in mind I have no civilian experience with these or any weapons all weapons I look at are strictly from a combat use situation.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    The only thing that I like about the AK is that it has a larger round than the AR but that too isn't always ideal, especially if you have to carry 400 rounds on you .
    Weight thing is a legit concern we carry enough out there and when you're rocking 23 30round mags it adds up fast LOL. I really wish they would of made the SAW conversion service wide I think everyone could of benefited from the larger rounds in that conversion not just a select few us that got them.

Blog Entries
    I didnt know they ever did a conversion to the SAW. Was that to the 7.62 ? My buddy was a machine gunner in the Marines and he carried the M-60 Echo 3, he absolutely swears by that thing. I guess the SAW is a little smaller and I would assume lighter and I can see having it use the same round as the M4 to streamline things but the 7.62 provides a bit more punch out there.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

No offense to the marines out there ( not there fault) but they have the oldest most out of date stuff. The first time I bumped into them over seas only the squad leaders had night vision WTF. The SAW is Squad Automatic Weapon shoots the nato 5.56 and comes in two barrel sizes which we only ever used the short one. It went threw two very limited conversions and only two units were issued the final one shooting the 7.62 round 99% of people serving in the military won't even know the SAW went threw any changes at all in fact I laugh because you will bump into people all the time starring at our weapons wondering what half the stuff is or thinking we paid for the upgrades. LOL

PS: I kinda like the look to the software upgrade.

Blog Entries
    He wouldn't take offense as he was in during the late 80s - early 90s. He always complains about not having any cool gear, NVG, radios, even knee pads !! LOL
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6

Here you go Sal, I'm sending you this in the mail. I know you have always wanted one....LOL....

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information