Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Range Report

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That's funny send it I'll sell it and get some jeep parts LOL. I've had my hands on plenty of those even gold plated ones LOL. Still take a M4 with the small round over that thing.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    That's funny send it I'll sell it and get some jeep parts LOL. I've had my hands on plenty of those even gold plated ones LOL. Still take a M4 with the small round over that thing.
    LOL..........sell it for Jeep parts, classic.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Like Sal i'm not an AK fan either. I give it an A+ for being durable, I give it a C+ in the fun to shoot department and for accuracy. That being said I do like my SKS for reliability (same round as AK but different rifle completely and made in China). I have an AR that is great to shoot and accurate. It's still not my favorite but i give it an A+ in the Fun to shoot and accuracy departments and maybe a B+ in the reliability just cause it does need more attention to keep it running smooth. My favorite rifle that i've got is my 700 Remington SPS tactical (20" bull barrel) chambered in .308. With the SPS stock you can shoot it all day long and not take a beating. Being bolt action it's not a fast shooter but it hits it's mark every time. I hand load all my cartridges for it so they're pretty consistant. (even with the plain red box federal the first time i went to the range it Grouped .75" at 100yds) I give it a B in the fun to shoot category being a bolt action but an A++ in acuracy.

I took it to the range in the spring with about 6 of my co workers and let them try it out. We didn't end up shooting more than 15 rounds because it didn't offer any challenge. We brought about 20 apples and a few melons to shoot just to see some things explode. When we were shooting the .308 we used only apples at 150 yards. It's sighted in for 200 so i told everyone to put it about a centimeter high of the middle of the apple. No one had ever shot my rifle before and not a single apple was missed on the first shot by anyone. Everyone went back to shooting the AR15 and other semi autos for the fun factor promptly afterwards.

Anyone ever try and FN FS2000? I think that'll be my next purchase down the road.
    Last edited by superacerc; 08-15-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Spelling
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

^^^^^^Great report, I like your grading stats. Thanks for your input.

I was looking at the SKS, but wasnt sure about it. How is the recoil on that thing?
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

I think the Rem 700 in .308 is one of my favorite bolt actions. Definitely on my list of future purchases... with a nice optics system and a bipod.

I havent shot an FS2000 but have heard they are a blast. If you get to shoot one, post up your experience. Its a bit out of my range for a while... but damn would be nice!
    2010 Black WK, Tint and Only 1.5" spidertrax spacer so far waiting on the OME HD lift

http://www.DJ-CZ.co (just a hobby)

Here's a Yugoslavian SKS rifle......

Here is a Romanian PSL/FPK Sniper Rifle........

Both of these are on my "Must Have" list as well as the BA .308 and 30.06!

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heres my Rem. 700 , .308 and my AR.

First time out with the AR. It was like 15 degrees, I wanted to shoot it really bad. LOL !
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    ^^^^^^Great report, I like your grading stats. Thanks for your input.

I was looking at the SKS, but wasnt sure about it. How is the recoil on that thing?
    Recoil is the same as an AK rougly. The amount you feel on your shoulder depend on the setup. I've got the synthetic Monte Carlo stock with a thick rubber butt pad which makes it feel a little better. I've also got a compensator on it which directs the gas flow upwards and side to side as it leaves the rifle which dissipates some of the rearward energy. I like shooting mine a lot and in fact i killed my first dear with it. It's no more accurate than an AK so anything past 150 yds is going to have some variance on groupings and hitting things past 200 yds is known to most only as luck. I've shot other's SKS rifles and with a plain stock and no compensator it kicks pretty decent to the point that it's not as much fun. The action is much quicker than an AK action so if you have ever seen one that has been modified for full auto (of course i've never seen this, i would quickly advise the owner that it's fully illeagal and i don't what are you talking about.........) it is most obscene to view. You almost can't hear the divisions between the shots. 15 rds goes by per 1 full second trigger pull. I really don't own one like this but i have seen it before and it's quite amazing.

The deer i shot with the SKS hollowpoint 7.62x39 round fell in one shot. I hit him behind the shoulders right under his spine. Upon first glance it looked like a straight no nonsense shot right through. There was one clean entry and exit. Upon cleaning out the deer i saw the real story behind why he went down so quickly. He was missing something about the size of a softball worth of tissue, lungs, etc.. and the bullet made a clean hollow cavity of the area. I shot him at about 50 yds in the woods of georgia.

It's a good rifle and not too pricey if you're taking down small to medium size game (Lower south whitetail deer, cyotes, turkey, wild dogs, etc...). It wouldn't be good for hunting western large game like moose, mule deer, etc...

Here's some pics of my very plain AR15 and Remington 700. The AR15 can be had through two websites for $550 dollars. I bought the upper parts assembly and had it shipped to my door no questions asked for about $460 from del-ton.com. The lower (only the hollow shell where the trigger and magazine fit into) is the only part that has a stamped serial number and therefore the only part you have to purchase through a dealer and only costs about $50 at www.AIMSURPLUS.com. Not a bad deal. I can post real links to the exact products if you wish.

Rifiling, I was trying to be creative and go for the James Bond Opening Scene Look

When i get back from Africa I'll post some pics of my SKS, Ruger MKIII Target .22LR pistol, and possibly a few others. I just bought a CZ82 9x18mm Makarov Pistol before i left. Talk about a good pistol for the money. It feels great and is accurate, has cheap ammo and I picked it up for $200 with a synthetic holster 2 magazines and a cleaning rod. It has a fixed inner barrel and that makes it a bit more accurate than many pistols.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Heres my Rem. 700 , .308 and my AR.

First time out with the AR. It was like 15 degrees, I wanted to shoot it really bad. LOL !
    Nice! Did you camo them yourself?

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information