Thread: No pep past 60 mph...

Member Looking for Dirt bigmaninds's Avatar

No pep past 60 mph...

Today I was driving my Commander on the freeway and going around 60 mph. So I tried to speed up to pass a car and very little happened. It seems as it is very sluggish going over 60, very little response. I do have a 3.7 QT1, I have never noticed this before any ideas? I have changed my plugs and oil recently, just trying to toubleshoot this...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Just a quick check here, did you gap you plugs correctly? Also make sure nothing came loose push on all the plug wires to make sure they are still seated on the plugs all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Just a quick check here, did you gap you plugs correctly? Also make sure nothing came loose push on all the plug wires to make sure they are still seated on the plugs all the way.
    Yeah, check the gap on the plugs. Same thing happened to me. I went to auto zone, bought new plugs, and watch them gap them...problem solved.
    Blue 2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L... AFE, Flow Master 50, Jeep Slush Mats, Grab Handles, 1.5" spidertrax, RC 2", and hacked AVIC-Z120BT w/ infinity refs all around + 320GB music library. Need a basket badly! Also need new rear bumper! (dam u blind spot)

Member Looking for Dirt bigmaninds's Avatar
    Recently changed meaning like a month ago..I just noticed this problem in the last 3 days.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmaninds View Post
    Recently changed meaning like a month ago..I just noticed this problem in the last 3 days.
    Confirm all your wires are still in place.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Thread Information