Thread: JeepinbyAl Lift installed..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Looking for Dirt
    Pictures mean nothing without specs, My SL can do all that. I too am very interested on Omelets spec request.

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    easy killer! i just saw these pics on ny phone wheb i was doing my "garage" and figuerd id post them up here
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Banned Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJager View Post
    easy killer! i just saw these pics on ny phone wheb i was doing my "garage" and figuerd id post them up here
    Lol Sorry Chris, that wasn't directed towards you at all, I just want people to give us specs on items they are selling! Why on earth would anyone drop that kind of money on something with no info?? you know?

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    what exactly are you eanting to know?
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Banned Looking for Dirt
    Same info as Nath, I want to know the fronts full wheel drop measurements from center hub to fender and fully stuffed measurements as well. If I like what I see/hear, I would most definitely purchase the front by next fall. If I am not satisfied, I will proceed with adding the OME.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidCold View Post
    Same info as Nath, I want to know the fronts full wheel drop measurements from center hub to fender and fully stuffed measurements as well. If I like what I see/hear, I would most definitely purchase the front by next fall. If I am not satisfied, I will proceed with adding the OME.
    You'll more than likely need to run a spacer on top of their front coilovers to get proper suspension drop with the superlift. The JBA coilover would have to have an extended length of 4" longer than the stock strut. But until we have some actual measurements we won't really know if that's the case.

Remember, the SL raises the vehicle 4" but also retains the allowable stock suspension drop from that point. The JBA 4" only extends the length of the strut via their coilover (and upgrades the UCA) but is still limited by the stock allowable suspension drop per the CV's, LCA and tie rods. In other words, if the CV/tie rod/or lower ball joint max out at a suspension drop of 6", then you'll only have 2" of down travel remaining after installing the JBA 4"... it all depends on which is the limiting factor. Whereas the 4" SL will drop down that full 6" beyond the lift height achieved.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Brad,

When you were testing and wheeling your WK with the JBA 4", did you happen to identify what the limiting factor in the suspension was? I believe on a stock suspension it's the strut. Then when you extend the strut (via OME or BB) the UCA will hit the coil... so with the JBA UCA, was the CV the next limiting factor or was it possibly the tie rod?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Hey guys,

Best bet is to talk to Marlin when he gets back from signing the 4xGuard paperwork (flew out today I beleive)

He should have all the specs as far as valving, rates, and dimension at his shop.

I will have to say, I admire everyone asking questions as many of the JKers out there simply buy products because other people are running them succcesfully. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but being able to understand exactly what you are buying does means you have an upperhand when it come to what you are being sold.

That being said I'm sure not every company out there is willing to divulge all their information as many have a lot of $$$$$ in R&D they just dont want to give away. (If any of you have diesel trucks you probably know just how tight lipped those manufacturers are, especially when is comes to turbo specs)

Phone: 1-888-792-9343 Fax: 215-253-3966 [email protected]
    Last edited by ruquik; 08-30-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: I apparently suck at proofreading

Thread Information