Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JeepinbyAl Lift installed..

Banned Looking for Dirt
    Same info as Nath, I want to know the fronts full wheel drop measurements from center hub to fender and fully stuffed measurements as well. If I like what I see/hear, I would most definitely purchase the front by next fall. If I am not satisfied, I will proceed with adding the OME.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Hey guys,

Best bet is to talk to Marlin when he gets back from signing the 4xGuard paperwork (flew out today I beleive)

He should have all the specs as far as valving, rates, and dimension at his shop.

I will have to say, I admire everyone asking questions as many of the JKers out there simply buy products because other people are running them succcesfully. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but being able to understand exactly what you are buying does means you have an upperhand when it come to what you are being sold.

That being said I'm sure not every company out there is willing to divulge all their information as many have a lot of $$$$$ in R&D they just dont want to give away. (If any of you have diesel trucks you probably know just how tight lipped those manufacturers are, especially when is comes to turbo specs)

Phone: 1-888-792-9343 Fax: 215-253-3966 [email protected]
    Last edited by ruquik; 08-30-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: I apparently suck at proofreading

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidCold View Post
    Same info as Nath, I want to know the fronts full wheel drop measurements from center hub to fender and fully stuffed measurements as well. If I like what I see/hear, I would most definitely purchase the front by next fall. If I am not satisfied, I will proceed with adding the OME.
    You'll more than likely need to run a spacer on top of their front coilovers to get proper suspension drop with the superlift. The JBA coilover would have to have an extended length of 4" longer than the stock strut. But until we have some actual measurements we won't really know if that's the case.

Remember, the SL raises the vehicle 4" but also retains the allowable stock suspension drop from that point. The JBA 4" only extends the length of the strut via their coilover (and upgrades the UCA) but is still limited by the stock allowable suspension drop per the CV's, LCA and tie rods. In other words, if the CV/tie rod/or lower ball joint max out at a suspension drop of 6", then you'll only have 2" of down travel remaining after installing the JBA 4"... it all depends on which is the limiting factor. Whereas the 4" SL will drop down that full 6" beyond the lift height achieved.

Brad,

When you were testing and wheeling your WK with the JBA 4", did you happen to identify what the limiting factor in the suspension was? I believe on a stock suspension it's the strut. Then when you extend the strut (via OME or BB) the UCA will hit the coil... so with the JBA UCA, was the CV the next limiting factor or was it possibly the tie rod?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Matt,
    I cant remember what the exact specs were on the stuff/droop (if i still had the jeep I could tell you) but is iirc and buy lookingat some of my pic is was close to 4" up 4" down

Limiting up travel was the UCA hitting the inner fenderwell (although it was also completly compressing the bumpstop)
    Limiting down travel was the shock itself, although any more droop and the UCA would be getting into the sheetmetal in the inner fenderwell the the UCA bolts into (also the thing that holds more sand and dirt than anywhere else on the Jeep.

-Brad

Member Looking for Dirt
    And as I said before....

The CRD's tend to start lower all the way around so what I had as a 4" C/O lift may only be 3.3" give or take for you gasser guys (Just throwing a random number out there, I have gone to the dealership and measure and each of the engines sits different. I found the the 4.7's seem to sit the most level stock oddly enough)

-Brad

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruquik View Post
    (also the thing that holds more sand and dirt than anywhere else on the Jeep.

-Brad
    Lol! Not on mine. It's the petri dish at the forward end of the rear wheel well!
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    yea that part sux!
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    Lol! Not on mine. It's the petri dish at the forward end of the rear wheel well!
    lol, thats funny.

.... really looking forward to the next year or so. I have a feeling we're going to start seeing a lot of improvements in terms of aftermarket support and members with lifts beyond the standard 2"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information