Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stone Soup Doc's New Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar

Stone Soup Doc's New Project

I know that this is not a Jeep Commander project. It is in the off topic section and you might find it interesting and possibly give Doc and myself some feedback and new ideas.

Doc is going to put on his "Foose" hat and "Overhaul" my Mustang GT Convertable bracket race car. It still has the original white paint and sailcloth black top. I am happy with the mechanicals basically, but it need a new updated look.

Here are some pictures of the Mustang

Some of the initial thoughts are to paint it a bright metallic blue with white stripes and reverse lettering. To color match the mirrors with black edging and to color match the inside sections of the Prime wheels leaving the mag colored outer rims. The top will be replaced with the same soft black material. I imagine that Doc will post some pictures as he gets more creative than me.

Give us your ideas and suggestions, he is just starting and we can change the plan if we get good ideas.

Film at eleven.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

The drivetrain consist of a SVT Motorsports factory Ford racing crate motor with GT40 heads and a B-303 cam. It has MAC shorty headers, an offroad "H" pipe, no cats and flowmaster mufflers with the early mustang rear exit pipes. The transmission is a 5 speed with a racing clutch and the rear gears have been changed from the factory 2:73 ratio to 3:73 posi

With a fresh clutch it runs in the high 13's. I try not to get below 14 seconds on a NHRA track because they require a roll bar if a convertable runs the quarter is less than 14 seconds.

It is a fun car to bracket race with and once it is "Overhauled" we will have a race night for anyone near Phoenix to take turns for low E.T.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    As one who has driven this ride before I can tell you it is a blast and I look forward to hitting the track with it in the near future.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    You didn't mention anything about your brake system. Everyone seems to be able to make lots of HP these days, races are one on the brakes IMO.

Thanks for the comments and give us some more input.

Doc and I talked about maybe installing Wildwood disc's all around. I mostly will only use this car on the dragstrip. It has disc's on the front and drums on the rear. I actually like the current setup because I can hold the car for burnouts with the foot brake because the disc's hold and the drums allow the engine to overcome the rear brakes for burnouts. Stopping at the end of the quarter mile is not to hard because of the slowdown area after the quarter mile. I agree that if I were doing road course racing or even street use it would be better to have bigger disc's all around. I could install a line lock for the front brakes but I am used to the way it is now.
    2007Jeep Green Limited

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I agree if it's staying on the strip then what you have is good and not worth up grading. As far as looks are concerned I would loose that luggage rack on the trunk and maybe put a low profile wing on. I would also loose those louver rear tail lights very late 80's or early 90's look. Some LED tail lights maybe clear lenses or something. Same goes with the front the bra and front head lights. I would also just put the roll bar in while you're doing all that work. I would also attack the car and drop everything I could saving weight. I think done properly a rear seat delete can look real cool on mustangs I was planning mine when I sold my mustang. Don't underestimate how much upgraded tail and head lights can change the look of a car. Thats all I got for now good luck bro

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Sharp wheels too, do you have a list of everything, or most things, that were done?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Is it me or is the front bumper a darker shade?

I like the color, looks like they did an excellent job.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    That is one fine looking ride, I would love to run it down the track!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

OK Tomorrow night is the last Friday night test n tune till Summer, (like summer is not already here, 111 today). There will still be Wednesday night drags and Saturday night drags. Who wants to break in the new paint job. Just so you realize, tomorrow night is Friday night. If we get at least a couple of guys I will take the Motor coach over for a cool air conditioned refuge.

I have my grandson and he need some instruction in drag racing.

Here is the link for the dragstrip:

http://www.speedworlddragstrip.com/index.php
    2007Jeep Green Limited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information