Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stone Soup Doc's New Project

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    sounds like it's going to be a nice ride. I'm glad you decided to put the roll cage in smart move IMO

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I don't care what it looks like, I just want it to go fast
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I don't care what it looks like, I just want it to go fast
    ok Ricky Bobby LMAO

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc in AZ View Post
    i'm well versed in drag racing...

this is my 67 vw sedan daily driver i built a few years ago. all steel (no fibreglass fenders or hoods), naturally aspirated motor built on a stock vw engine case, full interior - door panels, carpet kit and a stereo in the dash - it never had a back seat though, it wasn't there when i bought it and nobody really fits in the back of a bug. anyway, on 6" slicks i was running 11.90 sec @ 110mph 1/4 mile. i embarassed a few high dollar cars. first rule to racing is never line up against a VW... if you win = "big deal, it was just a bug"... if you lose = "YOU GOT YOUR A$$ KICKED BY A VOLKSWAGEN!!!". 'nuff said.

2165cc w/ 308* cam & about .670" lift at the valve. heads flowed 240cfm. 1.75" headers with 3" exhaust

Irwindale track (california) 7.49 sec @ 89mph in 3rd gear

Nice bug! I have a '65 RHD project that has been on the back burner for too long. 2276 FI in the works but it'll be a street car with full weight.

I like these older Mustangs, don't really care for the new ones of today. Keep us posted.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    OK. Tomorrow is the day I am supposed to get my Mustang back. Doc thinks it will be ready. He has had it for a month and his buddy the painter said he was going to go a little wild. Will see tomorrow. I do know it will have a color matched roll bar.

I am posting to see if we have anyone other than Jon, Doc and me that want to take it to the track next Friday or Saturday night for the open test and tune runs.

The track is northwest of Phoenix

Click here: Welcome to Speedworld Dragstrip

They open at 6:00 pm. They have open runs on both Friday and Saturday nights.

Same deal as before, just pay to race, ($20) and we take turns with the Mustang.

You can also race anything that you bring. You might want to get a base line run with your Commander for future comparision.

Jon and I were going to go tomorrow night but we are not sure that Doc will be finished.

If you want to go, this would be a good time, because Lee and I are thinking of going up to Show Low for nicer, (cooler) weather in the pines.
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Cool can't wait to see the pictures!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have to go to Tuscon in the morning but plan to be back in time for the races if all goes as planned.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Either Doc and James are doing the world's best paint job or my mustang was a lot harder to work on than they thought. They still have it and I am having a hard time waiting to see it. I asked Jon (49er) to conduct a spy mission when he was over there, but he only saw the back end and some masking paper. I did manage to get the car registered for the next five years, However that was another "Black Operation" that I will not discuss. Lee and I are back in Phoenix. She found out that she has to have a total hip replacement. The summer of travel that we had started out on will have to be put on hold. she will need lot's of physical therapy following the surgery.

I do have lots of confidence in James and Doc's ability and I am sure the paint job will be worth the wait. Film at Eleven.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Picked up my old Mustang Monday. It does not look old anymore. I really like the color. It changes in light and shadow. I especially like the air brush badges on both front fenders. There is a close up in the pictures. Amazing art work by James the painter. I also really like the job Doc did with the roll bar. I am and will be detailing the entire car for the white residue from all the color buffing, but I am happy to do that. That just takes time and patience. My grandson Devin is here to help with Lee's recovery and he is helping me also.

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Sharp wheels too, do you have a list of everything, or most things, that were done?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information