Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RK 3.5" Long arm kit questions

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    Installed the Rough Country lift today. Things went pretty smooth. Did the front first, then rear. Got down to the very last bolt putting it back together and stripped the hell outta the bolt holding the upper rear sway bar mount to the frame. Had to re-tap the threads to get it back in. Other than that, I like it.
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    awesome man glad to hear it all went pretty good. After hearing some of night mare stories some have had tapping one thread ain't bad at all. WHERE ARE THE PICS Have you decided on what tires you're going to run.?

Went out and played with it some today. Took some pictures... Heading out to dinner and I'll figure out how to post them soon. I'm going to keep the stock radials on for now, they still have a LOT of miles left on them, then probably some BFG All terrains.... I
    2008 Overland in Black
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

hmm last post got posted before I finished... I do have to say though that my wife was the first one to say out loud that "it needs bigger tires now, those just look wimpy" God, I love her.
    2008 Overland in Black

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You know, you can always sell the stock wheels/tires. They're worth more while they still have tread....

Before the lift

after

Front and rear fender to ground before lift

and AFTER
    2008 Overland in Black

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    On the "other" forum the tester for JBA is selling his old lift which includes these along with 4 inch coils in the back. He has fenders off and all and claims to have run 35's with this lift. I dont see the possibility in that... If so I want this lift now.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1024 View Post
    On the "other" forum the tester for JBA is selling his old lift which includes these along with 4 inch coils in the back. He has fenders off and all and claims to have run 35's with this lift. I dont see the possibility in that... If so I want this lift now.
    With the front and rear fender flares off you gain a lot of room for larger tires. The only issue is the area of the pinch weld. It would mostlikely have to be cut right out like we did on my buddy's 05 Grand Cherokee. I believe he is running 35's but I bet when he flexes it out he has rubbing issues.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    With the front and rear fender flares off you gain a lot of room for larger tires. The only issue is the area of the pinch weld. It would mostlikely have to be cut right out like we did on my buddy's 05 Grand Cherokee. I believe he is running 35's but I bet when he flexes it out he has rubbing issues.
    I find that really hard to believe still considering I just clear my pinch weld with 2.25 RR with .5 Rusty off raod strut spacer and im running 32's. I have been reading about this lift and from what I have been reading it doesnt actually give the whole 3.5 inches.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1024 View Post
    I find that really hard to believe still considering I just clear my pinch weld with 2.25 RR with .5 Rusty off raod strut spacer and im running 32's. I have been reading about this lift and from what I have been reading it doesnt actually give the whole 3.5 inches.
    What are you having a hard time believing? that you could fit 35" with the 3.5" lift? Let me just say anything over 2" that don't drop the front diff is asking for trouble. Also if you went with the 4" SL you still would have to do a lot of work to stuff 35" in there like removing the fenders and cutting and grinding down the pinch weld and you still might get some rubbing I would think. I forget the dudes name but he's running 35"s on the 2" lift I think he said but that dude chopped into his frame to make his tires fit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information