Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JeepbyAl's 4" lift

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    The Rancho shocks I was looking at are P/N RS999028 and have a fully extended length 4" further than stock (i was planning on running with with my 2" kit and using limit straps for down travel).

Can't go wrong with a set of rear JKS disconnects....

Where are you from? Sounds like you're planning on building up a sweet Commander!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I can tell you do not take you rear sway bar out LOL. I tried that not good LOL. For the rear can't you find some pins to fit in there? I know 5/8 is to big I think there 1/2 holes. Or is a pin a bad idea?

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    im in NC. Yeah thats what im hoping. by the end of this summer i am hoping to be about done with all my mods. I have been in contact with Doc about getting bumpers at some point also. would the Rancho coilover fit? or are those only for extreme trail rigs?
    2007 Jeep Commander Overland///5.7L V-8 hemi////Quadra-drive II////Cobra Cb with PA system////K&N cold air intake////Superchip Flashpaq////Navigation system////Boston acoustics Future mods: 4" superlift///All terrain tires///HD UCAs///HD LCAs///OME front coils///Rancho rear coils///Defender roof rack///light cage///Steel bumpers///Rear differential guard///Rocky Road supersliders///tail li

With the JKS Discos you only disconnect the sway for trail riding... you don't remove the sway bar from the vehicle. And you simply reconnect it when you're going back on the street.

I wouldnt remove the sway bar either... not a good idea for top heavy vehicles like these!

You mean the Rancho Quicklift? That's not a coilover, just a coil body that adds preload to the stock springs (dont think they make one yet for the XK).

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    oh yeah thats what i meant, sorry. so in the next 3 weeks i will have my lift set up. and hopefully have pictures up as well. Thanks again for the help
    2007 Jeep Commander Overland///5.7L V-8 hemi////Quadra-drive II////Cobra Cb with PA system////K&N cold air intake////Superchip Flashpaq////Navigation system////Boston acoustics Future mods: 4" superlift///All terrain tires///HD UCAs///HD LCAs///OME front coils///Rancho rear coils///Defender roof rack///light cage///Steel bumpers///Rear differential guard///Rocky Road supersliders///tail li

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    With the JKS Discos you only disconnect the sway for trail riding... you don't remove the sway bar from the vehicle. And you simply reconnect it when you're going back on the street.

I wouldnt remove the sway bar either... not a good idea for top heavy vehicles like these!
    Ya someone posted up they did it and didn't notice a difference LOL I found out real fast it wasn't for me LOL. The rear only took me like 4 minuets to take of and about 6 minuets to put it back on. I was thinking for like a weekend of trails I would just remove it and save the coin or find some pins to fit in there so I can remove it faster

Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    I just called Rusty's a couple days ago trying to get just the rear lower arms. They said it would be a couple of weeks before you could buy them seperate

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I can tell you do not take you rear sway bar out LOL. I tried that not good LOL. For the rear can't you find some pins to fit in there? I know 5/8 is to big I think there 1/2 holes. Or is a pin a bad idea?
    I fear I may have hastily encouraged people to remove the rear. I have the OME springs which are stiffer and that may be why i can keep the rear sway bar removed without ill effects.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information