Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JeepbyAl's 4" lift

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I fear I may have hastily encouraged people to remove the rear. I have the OME springs which are stiffer and that may be why i can keep the rear sway bar removed without ill effects.
    LOL dude it was funny man. I pulled that thing out got on the road and was like holy crap that dude is crazy if he can't feel this LMAO. I have stock springs and shocks so any sudden movements and it wasn't happy at all. But I accomplished what I wanted to was to get them loosened up so it's easier to get off at the trail head.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Yeah it didn't even occur to me. I haven't used my rear sway since last july i think.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    The jeepinbyal 4 inch lift doesnt come with drop down cross members for the front, longer steering knuckles or differential drop down brackets if I recall correctly. Absolutely a waste of money in my opinion. Anything over 2 or so inches needs everything I listed above. For the price, the Superlift cant be beat.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    The jeepinbyal 4 inch lift doesnt come with drop down cross members for the front, longer steering knuckles or differential drop down brackets if I recall correctly. Absolutely a waste of money in my opinion. Anything over 2 or so inches needs everything I listed above. For the price, the Superlift cant be beat.
    I second this, Just running spaces at 4" is a dangerous way to go and will cause damage to other parts of the vehicle as well.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I second this, Just running spaces at 4" is a dangerous way to go and will cause damage to other parts of the vehicle as well.
    ....and they are talking about making a 6 inch lift too. I hope they plan on fabricating all the necessary parts needed to do this because they sure didnt with their 4 inch lift.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I think they are giving you an option, whether you like it or not or have to buy additional parts.
    Michael-what did you not like about the superlift? Or did you just decide you wanted to spend the money on something else?
    I do that too, buy something and then decide I dont want it, like it or the cost just doesnt settle with me.

JBA said right now they have no plans of dropping the front diff But as many have said anything over 2" the diff needs to be dropped anything over 4" and you're asking for trouble as well even with the diff dropped. A combination of lifts is the best way to go but cost way to much coin. The SL the best 4" lift right now throw on some JBA parts like UCA's and front struts and you're getting a pretty nice setup with rusty's rear adjustable track bar to finish things off. I've asked a few times about the 6" lift but got no response from them. There still messing around with the new 4" lift right now so I think it will be awhile.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    From the few pics I've seen so far, their 4" kit only looks like 2-3" which is probably how they're getting away with no diff drop.

Regardless, I'm with everyone here. 4+ inches without correcting CV balljoint and tie rod angles is just not a good idea.

@Matt, I read on jeep forum there looking at different struts now to get that 4" out of it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah I saw that too. They're having Fox coilovers built which would be PERFECT in conjunction with the SL or Rusty's kit in lieu of the 4" spacer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information