Hi there!

I live in NE Texas. Mostly I learn from you guys. Though I am not an expert, I enjoy mild off-roading every now and then at www.barnwellmountainra.com

I bought in 08 a 20kmi used 2006 Commander QT-1, my first Jeep. It had to be it due to budget, but I am still wondering if I could have someone help me to add low range to it through a modification. After all, 3.7L, 6 cyl. is the same engine Liberty has, and they have low range same as the Cherokee sport and older Cherokee models do.

My first mods are: Rear grab handles, a 2in liftkit (daystar), 1.5in Spidertrax wheel spacers and a set of 265/70R17 HOWLER M/T (E) from www.treadwright.com; it's been 2 years with them and they are really tough and NO problems with the tread. The only problem is on pavement, when speeding between 55 and 65 the truck wiggles but once it hits 70mi/hr the shaking ceases, but the noise of the tires is permanent. Next fall when they are gone I will try the Guard Dog tires.

This weekend I did the bumper trimming thanks to Sal's posting, I will also add the front tow hooks. Once I finish all will post the pics in the right place.

I also bought the OEM front skid plate and transfer case, but unfortunately there was a bolt w/o head and couldn't remove it today, and in order to install the the transfer case plate, I need to install the fuel tank plate first ($216+labor+tax) so I will wait on that.

In the future, rear hitch kit.

Here is a pic from 2009 right after installing the tires, spacers and lift.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3274.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	777