Thread: Pioneer Alloy Platform Racks

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pioneer Alloy Platform Racks

I had the pleasure of working with Tony at Rhino Rack USA and he turned me on to a new rack for the top of the Commander. I really liked the look of the basket I had up there for four years but I really love the look of the new Pioneer Platform Rack.

The rack is available in six sizes 60x48, 60x54, 76x48, 76x54, 84x56 & 107x57. I settled on the 76x54 as that is almost the exact dimensions of the width of the Commander and the length of the side rails on top.

Rhino Rack also makes a leg kit specifically for the Commander that attaches the platform to the side rails with a nice clean professional look.

The platform comes to the door pretty much complete but I did have to attach 3 cross rails to the underside with pop rivets that are supplied with the rack (this is so the rack can fit a variety of vehicles).

The platform has a weight of about half that of the Yakima Basket that I took off the top which sat on four OEM cross rails ( I did not see the actual weight on the Rhino Rack web site).

The platform as you can see is just a flat surface and allows you do do almost anything you want with it. Each of the planks has a grove that accepts the list of optional equipment and you can create your own mounts for additional items (I am going to devise a way to mount my Yakima Kayak Rack to the platform

You can order a side rail kit for each of the four sides that you desire:

Add a Hi Lift or Shovel mount:

You can even add the OZ Tents FoxWing Awning available through Rhino Rack like I did:

2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Here are some photos of the Pioneer Tray installed on the Jeep Commander:

2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's a neat setup!!

Was checking out their website. I think this would be a great setup with 4 light tabs off the front:

I also like the Alloy Trays.....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Think Tony could get us some comparison pics of the Pioneer Tray w/4 sides against the Alloy Luggage Rack? I'd like something with 4 sides... but low profile. Looks like the Pioneer may fit the bill there. Just needs 4 light tabs off the front:

Add that to my "list" of things to get when im done with daycare payments

Thread Information