Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Junior Member Looking for Dirt

Help

Hey i am about to install a 4" superlift and i was wondering what rims i would be able to run. I like the chrome rockstars, but i need to keep the rims chrome. i want to run 33" BFG all terrains. Any help is good help. thanks
    2007 Jeep Commander Overland///5.7L V-8 hemi////Quadra-drive II////Cobra Cb with PA system////K&N cold air intake////Superchip Flashpaq////Navigation system////Boston acoustics Future mods: 4" superlift///All terrain tires///HD UCAs///HD LCAs///OME front coils///Rancho rear coils///Defender roof rack///light cage///Steel bumpers///Rear differential guard///Rocky Road supersliders///tail li

Supporting Vendor Getting Dirty Discount Tire's Avatar
    Thanks for the question Michael. What size wheel are you thinking about running?
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

17" or 18". and i may run 285/70. just some ideas would be great
    2007 Jeep Commander Overland///5.7L V-8 hemi////Quadra-drive II////Cobra Cb with PA system////K&N cold air intake////Superchip Flashpaq////Navigation system////Boston acoustics Future mods: 4" superlift///All terrain tires///HD UCAs///HD LCAs///OME front coils///Rancho rear coils///Defender roof rack///light cage///Steel bumpers///Rear differential guard///Rocky Road supersliders///tail li

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hey Mike... just a suggestion but try finding some pics of 17" and 18" Rockstars. Might be personal preference, but i've found that those wheels don't look good in sizes under 20". Sometimes the 18's look alright, but the spokes look too short and stubby in the smaller diameters.

i could see that. could i run 20" rockstars with BFG all terrains or Nitto trail grapplers?

I haven't looked up Rockstars for our Commander bolt pattern, but i've noticed that most 20" wheels are 10" wide which may be an issue. Check out the KMC website to see what widths and backspaces are available for your bolt pattern.

Another thing to consider is tires. The Commander runs relatively small tires to the rest of the truck world.... finding some nice A/T or M/T tires in the diameter you'll want is going to really limit your tire options, especially when combined with a 10" wide wheel (if that's what they come in).

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Be careful don't get your self into position were your tire choices are limited and cost a lot more as well.

Was just checking out KMC's site.... They do have a 20x8.5 with either a +10 or +35mm offset. One of those may work with a set of the 305/50/20 General Grabber AT2's (one of the few good A/T tires in that size, i ran them on my GMC Sierra)...

And the 35mm offset on those 8.5s will stick out about 1/4" further than my wheels do, which would look pretty good IMO.

Here's what 305/50/20s look like BTW (i put Cooper Zeons on my truck and the AT2s on my Jeep):

Not sure how that'll flow the a 4" lifted Commander. If anyone is good with Photoshop I can give them some better side shots so they can put them on an XK.

so i could run the 20" rockstars with 305/50/20 General Grabber AT2? is that what you are saying?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information