View Poll Results: Which engine did you get with your Commander?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.7L V6

13 15.48%
  • 4.7L V8

25 29.76%
  • 4.7L V8 / Flex Fuel

13 15.48%
  • 5.7L Hemi

30 35.71%
  • 3.0L CRD

3 3.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which engine did you get with your Commander?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I have the 4.7L flex and happy with it. For the size of the XK this engine is has more then enough power.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No choice

We got the 4.7 Flex fuel. Wasn't really a preference thing, it came with the car. We bought used at 10k miles. Got a much better deal that way, but not all the choice we would have wanted. Now that I have lifted, put on bigger wheels, am towing, my 4.7L has yet to refuse to take me where I want to go .
    Last edited by WanderingTs; 03-09-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    4.7 flex here. It does the job but would love to have some extra power! I wish firstly it was the CRD 3.0 and then the 5.7.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Member Looking for Dirt
    Got the 4.7L here, wish I had the 5.7L instead. With having the 4" lift and bigger tires, it feels like the 4.7L struggles to much.
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt OurJeepLife's Avatar
    While driving in PA over the weekend, We noticed at or around hanover, PA a gas station which sells E85.. Woot.. I've been waiting for a location which sells E85 after we bought the Commander.. Trouble is we had a full tank by the time we seen the station.. At least now we know if we head up that way, there is an alternative..

Member Looking for Dirt
    4.7 flex here. Bought is used with 12,000 miles on it. Didn't really consider the engine at the time, I liked all the options and color. I just knew it was a V8.
    - Keith -

07' RedRock Crystal Sport XK, 4.7 Flex, QDII, leather, power liftgate, remote start, moonroof, skylights, power pedals and seats, Boston Accoustics, 20% tint, Mopar skid plates, splash guards and slush guards, 2" RC lift, SpiderTrax, Kelly TSR 265/70/17 .

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OurJeepLife View Post
    While driving in PA over the weekend, We noticed at or around hanover, PA a gas station which sells E85.. Woot.. I've been waiting for a location which sells E85 after we bought the Commander.. Trouble is we had a full tank by the time we seen the station.. At least now we know if we head up that way, there is an alternative..
    I wouldnt waste your time with E85. According to everyone I have talked to and the owners manual, it burns approx. 30% faster then 87 Octane. Im not sure what the price was where you found it but when I was stationed at Fort Meade, MD E85 cost more then 87 Octane. Just wouldnt make since to run it.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I even took the flexfuel badge off mine. Its so sparsley found i like to think of it as mythical. When i can get my hands on a flashpack its getting flashed for 87 octane minimum.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I took my flex fuel badge off and replaced it with the 4.7 Liter badge.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I looked into getting that 4.7 badge from overseas but it was a bit pricey for the badge and shipping. I'm more of a minimalist anyway. I like to debadge things so people can guess what they are.
    On my VW GLI I took everything off that identifies it as a GLI because I get all sorts of people with civics and other various cars that want to race me cause I have that model. Mine is chipped and intake. It has more HP and Torque than my V8 jeep. I can beat quite a few cars if I were to try but i think it's annoying that people try and get me to race. I like the power it has for the fact that I can run 90-100 on the freeway in 6th with my foot barely on the pedal. I darkened out the whole GLI including all chrome VW symbols which are now matte black. It looks very mysterious and rides great. Keeps people guessing.
    Anyway, I got a bit sidetracked.

I can spend that money elsewhere for sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information