Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Installed Monroe Load Leveling Shocks on Rear

Member Looking for Dirt cprokopf's Avatar
    Looks like ordered two sets on accident. Anyone interested in buying a set at a discount? Still in the box and unopened. If not, I'll just return them.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cprokopf View Post
    Looks like ordered two sets on accident. Anyone interested in buying a set at a discount? Still in the box and unopened. If not, I'll just return them.
    A few people have done this not realizing that price is for the pair.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Cpro, sent you a PM.
    07 WK Limited, 3.0 CRD, QDII

This is one of the best adds yet! Especially for the cost and ease of installation. My Jeep handles like it should, again. I've noticed it's much more responsive and the transmission seems to be finding the gears a little quicker. This is a must for anyone with a 2" lift and stock rear shocks. I'm looking forward to replacing the fronts within the next couple weeks.

I'm hearing alot of squeaking from the rear of my Jeep since I added the F-150 load levelers. Any ideas or thoughts to minimize this noise or am I just stuck with it?

Also, where are th ebest places and pricing to purchase the OME extended fron struts for the 2" lift?
    2006 WK Laredo V6

2" RR Spacer Lift - F-150 Monroe Load Levelers - 265/65/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers - Very Custom Front Tow Hooks - 4XGuard Front Skid - Awesome Husky Floor Mats - K&N

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Not sure if these things are going to hold up to long term offroad abuse.... I tore mine up pretty good last trip to rausch

Senior Member Getting Dirty

Suspension options

Ok, this is for you running the F 150 shocks. Although I did not buy anything (other financial priorities now) I was set on getting OME HD springs all around, OME shocks front and MLL F 150 shocks in the back. I do not wheel per se (not saying that I never will since it looks like fun, just not going to pose as something I am not), but I wanted to make my WK more capable offroad for more of an overlanding/off the beaten path travel role. I also have a motorcycle carrier for the hitch, so I thought the F 150 shocks would work well for any sag from the bike's weight. Now, if they are not going to last, am I be better off getting OME shocks for the back and something like an Air Lift suspension for the extra weight when carrying the bike?
    07 WK Limited, 3.0 CRD, QDII

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    The MLL are great shocks, especially if you're not going to wheel it. You'll be more than happy with them towing a trailer. Matt and Sal beat theirs up on trails and the shacks are still holding strong just not very pretty anymore.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    From what I can tell this is happening at full articulation. So unless your stuffing your tires a lot like we do I thin you'll be ok. Also the on road performance we get with an especially with loads is pretty good. I run without a rear sway bar all the time and don't miss it even with a heavy loaf.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information