Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Installed Monroe Load Leveling Shocks on Rear

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I put 400lbs on my hitch and about another 400 in the cargo are behind the axle and it dropped just enough to level my jeep out this things are great with weight.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    It did drop some. With the longer shocks the back sits higher than the front. I live with it because of the benefits when towing.

I'll be heading to the Badlands in Attica, IN in a couple weeks. We'll see what it looks like towing the Cherokee.

my MLL 58646 are on order as we speak, as i recently snapped a bilstein in the rear. i was wondering if the OEM length will work with OME springs or another replacement coil that is 2" or more? as you know i DD my rig. also, do you foresee the sleeve issue occuring on the stock length MLLs?
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    As you know, I ran the stock length load levellers on mine with both the RC lift and the OME HD. Its actually a better setup for a daily driver.

The sleeve issue is across the board. Glue it in place like I did and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
    my MLL 58646 are on order as we speak, as i recently snapped a bilstein in the rear. i was wondering if the OEM length will work with OME springs or another replacement coil that is 2" or more? as you know i DD my rig. also, do you foresee the sleeve issue occuring on the stock length MLLs?
    appreciate it sir
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Member Looking for Dirt scottso699's Avatar
    I know this is an old thread but I had a question about gluing the sleeve on these shocks - how do you get to the sleeve? Do the springs on these shocks come off easily to allow you to gain access the rubber sleeves? Just wondering as I am considering these (the F150 versions) to level out my WK.
    Scott

2006 WK Overland
    OME HD / Blistein 4600 Struts/ Monroe F150 Load Adjusting Shocks / Superchips Programmer / 265/70r17 BFG Rugged Terrians / K&N CAI / Dynomax Ultra Flow muffler

Yes you can just slide the spring off. Im right down the street if you want to check them out one day

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yes you can just slide the spring off. Im right down the street if you want to check them out one day
    I might take you up on that offer soon but if not I will see them at RC in February.
    Scott

2006 WK Overland
    OME HD / Blistein 4600 Struts/ Monroe F150 Load Adjusting Shocks / Superchips Programmer / 265/70r17 BFG Rugged Terrians / K&N CAI / Dynomax Ultra Flow muffler

I actually took the springs off because I want to size up my jeep for a set of upgraded shocks. I'm going to make myself another 1/2" rear spacer to get the height I want back and hopefully get a set of Fox resi shocks (dreaming... depends on how much my SA rear bumper ends up costing, how our tax return looks and if we start getting offers on our house); otherwise I'll get a set of RSX9000 shocks.

Regardless I can literally take a shock off and re-install the spring in 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I actually took the springs off because I want to size up my jeep for a set of upgraded shocks. I'm going to make myself another 1/2" rear spacer to get the height I want back and hopefully get a set of Fox resi shocks (dreaming... depends on how much my SA rear bumper ends up costing, how our tax return looks and if we start getting offers on our house); otherwise I'll get a set of RSX9000 shocks.

Regardless I can literally take a shock off and re-install the spring in 5 minutes.
    I have a 1.5 inch spacer if that interests you? you currently are just using a half inch spacer right? if you want take the 1.5 inch spacer (red sausage spacer) and give me the half inch one.

where are you looking to move to?
    Scott

2006 WK Overland

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread Information