Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Installed Monroe Load Leveling Shocks on Rear

Member Looking for Dirt madrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm a bit confused on what you're asking.... You hate the rake, but want to use the load levellers to get the rake back after you lift the front?

The longer version will lift the rear a lot on a stock vehicle and I wouldn't recommend those unless you're running a 2" lift already. A popular setup has been 1/4" strut spacers in front (lifts front ~1/2") and the oem version of the load levellers in the rear (gives ~3/4 lift). Its a slight boost in height along with a bit more tire clearance and less sag when loaded/towing.
    Thanks for the clarification. I do not want the rake back. My front sits about 1-1.25" lower then the rear. I was hoping to add a 2" spacer upfront and then hoping the longer shocks would add about 1". I was not aware that the longer shocks would lift that much.
    2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4x4

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Most spacer lifts (like the RC ) lift the front higher than the rear to eliminate the rake. Sounds like your best bet is to just get a spacer lift and leave the shocks alone.

Member Looking for Dirt madrock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Most spacer lifts (like the RC ) lift the front higher than the rear to eliminate the rake. Sounds like your best bet is to just get a spacer lift and leave the shocks alone.
    I jumped the gun a couple weeks ago and purchased the F-150 shocks. If I can't return them, I will be listing them for sale at a discounted price. They are still in the original boxes. Do you still have your OEM length ones for sale?
    2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4x4

Member Looking for Dirt cprokopf's Avatar
    Any clue what model I would need? My WK has a 2" lift at the moment. What would the expected increase in rear height be? This is a great thread. Keep up the good work!

Also, I think I need new struts on the front. Never replaced these on any vehicle. How difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by cprokopf View Post
    Any clue what model I would need? My WK has a 2" lift at the moment. What would the expected increase in rear height be? This is a great thread. Keep up the good work!

Also, I think I need new struts on the front. Never replaced these on any vehicle. How difficult?
    Its all pretty much spelled out in the first post and post 125. With 2" lift you should expect ~1/2" more from OEM version and 1.25" more from longer versions.

New strut install is not hard, but requires disassembling the strut using spring compressors. Guys who aren't comfortable doing that usually have a shop do it.

Thats what I thought. I read the post but I wanted to make sure it would be the same for my WK. Any other insight or tips before I add the rear load levelers? I'm really just doing to add the inches. Good idea?

It'll vary a little bit depending on which springs your WK came with stock and how worn they are.... but lift height should be in the ballpark of what i posted. As far as tips, check out post 125 when i installed the extended load levellers; you'll see where to put the washers. Also, i recommend gluing the rubber sleeve in place as well (also shown during the install)

Quote Originally Posted by madrock View Post
    I jumped the gun a couple weeks ago and purchased the F-150 shocks. If I can't return them, I will be listing them for sale at a discounted price. They are still in the original boxes. Do you still have your OEM length ones for sale?
    I'm interested in the load levelers you ordered. You selling them?

Will I need to be concerned with my rear sway bar if I add the extra 1" lift to the rear?

Nope. A good upgrade to keep in mind though is an adjustable rear trackbar. (I haven't installed one yet)

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information