Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Installed Monroe Load Leveling Shocks on Rear

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    ^^ I did the same, but I THINK they were 1/2 diameter hole so I used 1/2" x 1" or however washers are measured..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That makes sense since the shock mounts have 1/2" (12 and 12.7mm) mounts. So I probably used some 1/2" fender washers

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Great, thanks guys.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Just FYI for doing mods and stuff like this $25 at autozone you can get a grade 5 hardware kit. I carry it with me when on the trails and I'm always using it for mods in fact I just about need to buy another one. They also have a standard kit for about the same price I though about getting this as well for mounting stuff like lights. The grade 5 hardware doesn't rust either

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Ok, I have an 06 with the Hemi and 3rd row seats. I'm planning on the 2" OME HD completer kit that comes with shocks. Would you try to get the kit minus the rear shocks and use the Monroe load leveling shocks instead? If so, the shorter or longer ones? My jeep will be used for road trips so I will have a good amount of weight in it and might occasionally pull a trailer. Thanks.

Don't get the OME rear shocks.

If you're planning on offroading and want to maximize travel, go with the longer shocks. Otherwise the stock version will work for you and wont lift the back much higher than the front.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bncrshr77 View Post
    Ok, I have an 06 with the Hemi and 3rd row seats. I'm planning on the 2" OME HD completer kit that comes with shocks. Would you try to get the kit minus the rear shocks and use the Monroe load leveling shocks instead? If so, the shorter or longer ones? My jeep will be used for road trips so I will have a good amount of weight in it and might occasionally pull a trailer. Thanks.
    I have the load levelers. I didnt get the longer ones, didnt need to do that. The oem replacements should be fine for you and they will really help out with supporting the load. Im going camping this wkend and i will take a pic and post it along with a pic from last year with oem shocks, same loadout. Im interested to see the difference myself.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Thanks for the replies! It's great to be on a forum where members actually answer your questions! Yeah, I don't want the rear end lifted too much so I will go with the stock length... Can't wait to see the pics!

Member Looking for Dirt madrock's Avatar
    Can the longer Monroe shocks work with a stock rear? My stock XK has that rake look that I hate. If I lift the front, can I use the longer rear shocks to lift the rear just a bit?
    2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by madrock View Post
    Can the longer Monroe shocks work with a stock rear? My stock XK has that rake look that I hate. If I lift the front, can I use the longer rear shocks to lift the rear just a bit?
    I'm a bit confused on what you're asking.... You hate the rake, but want to use the load levellers to get the rake back after you lift the front?

The longer version will lift the rear a lot on a stock vehicle and I wouldn't recommend those unless you're running a 2" lift already. A popular setup has been 1/4" strut spacers in front (lifts front ~1/2") and the oem version of the load levellers in the rear (gives ~3/4 lift). Its a slight boost in height along with a bit more tire clearance and less sag when loaded/towing.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information