Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you disable just one back up sensor ?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar

Can you disable just one back up sensor ?

Before I start experimenting cutting wires I thought I'd ask if anyone has or knows how to disable one backup sensor. One of mine " sees " my spare tire. I'd like to disable it and leave the others operational.

I'm hoping that perhaps I could just cut one wire or spice a couple or somehow rewire and bypass the offending sensor...
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4"¯ Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    You can't just unplug the sensor to see if it works? I've never looked at them so just wondering.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The sensors will unplug, I have the same problem but never thought of trying to unplug a sensor and see what happens. Keep us posted.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    You get a messeage on your EVAC saying your backup is disabled.
    you can unplug one, but the whole thing quits.

I cut one of my wires when I installed the extra rear tail light. I know this.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Thanks for the info, saved me some trial and error !!
    This item is way done on the bottom of my priorities at this time, but I would still like to experiment and see if I can isolate one sensor. I'll search for more info later to try and find find out how they are wired , parallel, series etc,,, At my pace it might take me a year or so haa, I wasn't optimistic but wanted to try and post the question in case there was an easy solution. If I get any updates I'll post them...

unplug the one sensor in question and use jumpers to hook it into another sensor. This way its temporary and can be undone if it don't work, if it works then just solder in the new wires some shrink wrap and your good. Just a thought bro.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Maybe you could unplug the sensor that gets tripped by your spare tire and mount it somewhere else. I bet the sensor itself isnt that expensive to purchase just one. Then you can leave the original sensor in the bumper so there isnt a hole where the original sensor was. All you really would have to do is extend the wiring for that new sensor.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

thats a good idea and were the heck you been.....

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    thats a good idea and were the heck you been.....
    Fort Drum! Training soldiers leaving for Afganistan and Cuba.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Fort Drum! Training soldiers leaving for Afganistan and Cuba.
    ahh yes you did say that didn't you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information