Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stone Soup roof rack

Stone Soup roof rack

More pics and such coming soon. Uploading pics to the bucket as I type this.

J

One of the Jeep at our campsite.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    That is another nice looking product from Stone Soup Metal Works, I wish I had seen it in his shop before he sent it out but it looks like a perfect fit for the Commander.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looking good.

I'd live to see some close ups and how it mounts.

Mounts have to be redesigned. The rear of the commander's longitudinal rails happens to be closer than the front. So the rear mounts wouldn't work at all all the way back. And would just barely work where I have them in this picture.

another

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Just replied elsewhere but might as well ask here too...

Is Doc doing this as a one-off or is he planning on making a few of these for other buyers once the bugs are worked out? This would be an awesome 'fathers day' gift...

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Just replied elsewhere but might as well ask here too...

Is Doc doing this as a one-off or is he planning on making a few of these for other buyers once the bugs are worked out? This would be an awesome 'fathers day' gift...
    Doc keeps all his measurements so I am sure he would make you want if you wanted it.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

He will make more once the mounts are sorted. Read this, NOT CHEAP. If you think the defender and others are pricey then don't ask. But with Doc you get options that you can add or subtract to keep the price reasonable. I had to have the expanded metal flooring due to the small things I like toss up there.

In example we used it to transport firewood from campsites to our campsite. And just tonight I forgot a plastic insulated cup with a lid on the roof rack and drove home, from downtown Houston. That's about 25 miles of both slow and fast driving...speeds up to 75 mph. When I got home it was still there, just scratched up from rolling around.

The rack is amazing. I am very happy with it. Just would like to get the mounts sorted, guess I need to tell Doc that so he can work it into the schedule.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenchin hobo View Post
    The rack is amazing. I am very happy with it. Just would like to get the mounts sorted, guess I need to tell Doc that so he can work it into the schedule.
    I dropped off one of my Commander cross rails so he could get some measurements.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information