Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass boats

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Bass boats

After some exhausted research it looks like this is the boat were going to be getting by the end of summer.

It comes with all kinds of goodies standard 60HP motor, fish finder, live well, 4 dry storage boxes, Dry rod storage and a trolling motor. The helm has gauges and there is a 8amp on board charger as well. Been researching a lot lately and for the price with the options it has I can't fine a better one. The jeep mods will take a hit of course

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I remember my first Bass Boat...

I purchased it brand new in 1989, it was a Stratus 17.6 footer with everything you listed above but since I had it custom made for me I had them install a 125hp Mariner Outboard painted and trimmed to match the boat.

Used to get it up to 70mph on plain with a four blade stainless steel prop, and it only cost me a mere $12,000

This one is not mine but I don't think I have any pictures of it anymore, sold it around 1995.
    Last edited by Knappster; 04-18-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you want to throw away some money just send it to me ! LOL !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Hide the women and children, the fish will be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    If you want to throw away some money just send it to me ! LOL !!
    hahahah I think you been talking to my wife LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Hide the women and children, the fish will be safe.
    The way I've been fishing lately your just about correct.

The last few years the old man and I been getting more serious about fishing and were both tired of fishing from the shore line. Fishing off the banks is probably the hardest fishing there is IMO. Lately it seems were putting in a lot of work just getting to the spots we need. Ever try finding the bass from the banks it sucks. Figures my wife would say that the two hobby's I have are both expensive LOL.

A boat is a hole in the water you pour money into.

A boat is a hole in the water you pour money into.
    Ya I've owned speed boats before and could work on them myself but they were alway broke. This time I'm getting brand spanking new which comes with a warranty. The motor and trailer have a 5 year warranty and the hull has a lifetime warranty. Either way it will be fun we have a lot of places to fish around here it will be easy enough to come home from work hitch the boat and get a couple of hours of fishing in when ever we want.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Before I bougt the XK i had a Grand Cherokee. When I paid it off I was going to buy a new Bayliner. I changed my mind and bought a new Commander instead. I think it was a much wiser purchase. I do love boats though.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

The 2 happiest days in a boat owners life, the day he gets it and the day he gets rid of it.

My dad owned a boat from the time I was 5 until a year before his death. I had a 21 ft Four winns Sundowner for several years. I bought it new and sold it after I was laid off from Chrysler.

I loved boating. I have a 4 man Zodiac that hasnt seen water for 4 years. Maybe I will bring it
    with me.

Last edited by cico7; 04-19-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Before I bougt the XK i had a Grand Cherokee. When I paid it off I was going to buy a new Bayliner. I changed my mind and bought a new Commander instead. I think it was a much wiser purchase. I do love boats though.
    I'm good with the XK for a long time to come and the wife doesn't want a new car I asked her several times offered to get her JK, BMW and everything in between she's happy with her car and don't want another one The old man (wife's dad) and I are splitting it so I don't have to take all the costs on myself.

I have a 4 man Zodiac that hasnt seen water for 4 years. Maybe I will bring it with me.
    thats just sad bro LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information