Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass boats

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have seriously thought about buying a boat, but there is no one kind to do everything I want. I want a zodiac type, small enough to be beach launched for abalone and spear fishing at the small north coast coves. An aluminum deep hull for when the waves get high and I have to make a run up or down the coast to get in/out of the water. A cabin for overnight stays once I get to that great spot. Something large enough to support an on-board air compressor for multi-day, multi-dive lobster fishing off southern CA. Something I can drive with a small electric trolling motor to get into those small out of the way fishing holes on the many surrounding lakes, but with a monster main engine to cover the distance quickly when the that out of the way hole is relly out of the way.

In short, I need some sort of transformer boat.....or just 5 or 6 in the yard to choose from....
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingTs View Post
    I have seriously thought about buying a boat, but there is no one kind to do everything I want. I want a zodiac type, small enough to be beach launched for abalone and spear fishing at the small north coast coves. An aluminum deep hull for when the waves get high and I have to make a run up or down the coast to get in/out of the water. A cabin for overnight stays once I get to that great spot. Something large enough to support an on-board air compressor for multi-day, multi-dive lobster fishing off southern CA. Something I can drive with a small electric trolling motor to get into those small out of the way fishing holes on the many surrounding lakes, but with a monster main engine to cover the distance quickly when the that out of the way hole is relly out of the way.
    You need a Pontoon with a Zodiac dingy. You can use one or the other or both together depending on your day plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information