Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
GPS doesn't account for altitude changes. If you live in a flat area it's not bad.

The computer doesn't detect spark plug changes at all, not even unhooked. That just puts the computer back in to "learn" mode all over again and resets all of the sensors. If there are any changes that computer should make due to the plug change then it would eventually optimize itself, but it will take some time... you just force it to do it sooner by disconnecting the battery.
Thats is the reason I disconnected the bty, after 4 days of driving and filling up twice due to the amount of driving I did, I saw no change at all ( Computer or how many K's I was getting per tank) I don't completely trust the computer with how much MPG i'm getting but when the number didn't change I though I'd try it and it seems to work, same drive after disconnecting I got almost 100K's more. Now that fishing is open I will be going to the cabin every weekend and I'll see how much k's I am still getting to a full tank.
While looking at the MPG is not a modivational poster it doesn't matter when I pass 3 stuck Toyotas stuck, yes 3 and just drive around them to get to my fishing holes, it worth every $/gallon